• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Plymouth trip

mojitojon79

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi all. A bunch of us have a wrecking trip on sea angler 2 out of Plymouth coming up. The boat leaves before the hotel starts serving breakfast. Is there anywhere close to the harbour that serves breakfast from 5am that you legend's can recommend?
Thanks.
Jon

Hi all. A bunch of us have a wrecking trip on sea angler 2 out of Plymouth coming up. The boat leaves before the hotel starts serving breakfast. Is there anywhere close to the harbour that serves breakfast from 5am that you legend's can recommend?
Thanks.
Jon
Hi John! Big welcome to the Madhouse! Stick a post up in the new members thread, and folks will be more aware that you are here.

I'm in Plymouth but no aware of where Sea Angler 2 berths, or where you are leaving from, or what time!

Best and only place I can think of is Captain Jaspers on the Barbican. Near the lock to Sutton Harbour Marina right on the quayside.
Haven't been there myself for years as parking can be a nghtmare, but website says they open at 07.30 if that's early enough for you? Always used to be great grub! 👍👍

04_l.jpg

Menu/prices: http://www.capn-jaspers.co.uk/menu 😋😋

Oh, and a map! Shout if I can help with owt else!

1677538137425.png

Footbridge across the lock if available - building North of the Marine Aquarium is the Fish market, and South West sea baits now have a shop in there should you need any fresh/frozen bait. 👍👍

Last edited:
Hi John! Big welocme to the Madhouse! Stick a post up in the new members thread, and folks will be more aware that you are here.

I'm in Plymouth but no aware of where Sea Angler 2 berths, or where you are leaving from, or what time!

Best and only place I can think of is Captain Jaspers on the Barbican. Haven't been there myself for years as parking can be a nghtmare, but website says they open at 07.30 if that's early enough for you? Always used to be great grub! 👍👍

04_l.jpg

Menu/prices: http://www.capn-jaspers.co.uk/menu 😋😋
I think Sea Angler II picks up from the pontoon at Mount Batten, or used to. PH

Trying me best to be helpful here!

I see Sea Angler 2 is Berthed at Queen Annes Battery marina, across the water from the Barbican. You could ask Malc - he might be willing to pick you up from the Mayflower steps or nearby jetty. Another Map!

1677538840242.png

There is a Bistro near the boat that does Breakfasts, but opening time is 9am. Never tried it.

Wow, that's a reply. Thanks very much trampster. Must have taken you some time. Cape jasper's looks great. Might look into it on the Friday when we arrive. We are due to head out on the boat at 6am Saturday morning (11th). We're staying over on fri night as we're coming from near Bath. Few beers the night before to save a longish day driving on top of the exhausting day hauling up 85lb pollock from the wrecks!
I also fancy chucking a lure in the harbour. I've never caught a bass, is there somewhere down there where the bass are lining up to be caught by a fairly useless novice angler ?

Wow, that's a reply. Thanks very much trampster. Must have taken you some time. Cape jasper's looks great. Might look into it on the Friday when we arrive. We are due to head out on the boat at 6am Saturday morning (11th). We're staying over on fri night as we're coming from near Bath. Few beers the night before to save a longish day driving on top of the exhausting day hauling up 85lb pollock from the wrecks!
I also fancy chucking a lure in the harbour. I've never caught a bass, is there somewhere down there where the bass are lining up to be caught by a fairly useless novice angler ?
Not a fish I target, and the best peron to ask isn't on here very often now. I know they catch a few schoolies sometimes in the harbour, but nothing of any size, as the whole of the Harbour & Estuary is a protected spawning ground. Tight lines & good luck anyway - look forward to a catch report later! 👍👍

Back