• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Plymouth

KaiH

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
2 hours in Plymouth this morning, hard going and didn't have a bite in Sutton harbour after the gobies.

Back at elphinstone carpark dropshot rig, two week old rag and straight into a scorpion fish. Had another smaller on baited sabikis and that was it. The second was really blue underneath but didn't get a picture.

At least another for the hunt

Attachments

• IMG_20220201_105031_8.jpg
    IMG_20220201_105031_8.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220201_105038_1.jpg
    IMG_20220201_105038_1.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 10
Nice one Kai! Species hunt not my thing but well done anyway! I find it slightly amusing that whilst you headed down here, I was off in the opposite direction to Ashburton on another fishy related mission! (y)(y)

I've not really been into the species hunt in the past but it really does make you think more about what you are targeting and trying different tactics and bait etc.
True, but I've always been a Hunter Gatherer, and mainly fish > catch > eat!

Nothing to stop you eating what you catch on a species hunt as long as its in size. ?
Most of what I've seen posted wouldn't even make a Fish Finger! No interest in Tiddler Fiddlin'!

but I've always been a Hunter Gatherer, and mainly fish > catch > eat!
Most of what I've seen posted wouldn't even make a Fish Finger!
@KaiH is right, it makes think a lot more about the way you fish and gets you a way from the chuck it and chance it way.
Also 27 gobies lined up makes a bloody huge tasty sandwich:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I bet you have ate white bait dave
Actually, I have, and cooked properly in a restaurant, it were bleddy nice! You lurking in the garage this aftie?

whiting thinned out at mount batten. so fancy trying a different bait, anybody used blueys.

whiting thinned out at mount batten. so fancy trying a different bait, anybody used blueys.
I've not seen them for sale down here Eves, but haven't really looked anyway. Any decent sized Whiting?

Good in sections/or chunks for rays . Half or whole is well known for bass to although I don't use them for that myself .

Well done on the scorps 👍. Sutton was very slow Monday till it got dark, then stacks of goldsinny wrasse and pout started showing, then masses of herring . I left then, but did see a report from a local that fished late and was getting a fish a chuck he said.

I've not seen them for sale down here Eves, but haven't really looked anyway. Any decent sized Whiting?
several around 2lb off garfish. but all tiddlers now. cant find any blueys either so gonna try pilchards wrapped in squid. yum

2 hours in Plymouth this morning, hard going and didn't have a bite in Sutton harbour after the gobies.

Back at elphinstone carpark dropshot rig, two week old rag and straight into a scorpion fish. Had another smaller on baited sabikis and that was it. The second was really blue underneath but didn't get a picture.

At least another for the hunt
I think the males change to a breeding colouration

Back