• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Poole Harbour Advice

Popping back down later today for another go. I'm assuming once winter arrives the wrasse leave?

Popping back down later today for another go. I'm assuming once winter arrives the wrasse leave?
I've caught them all year round at Swanage, they should still be around in the harbour.

I also thought Wrasse were around all year. Or what's left of them - they've been catching loads of them down here and sending them Live to Scotland to try and reduce the lice and pests on farmed Salmon. ??

I also thought Wrasse were around all year. Or what's left of them - they've been catching loads of them down here and sending them Live to Scotland to try and reduce the lice and pests on farmed Salmon. ??
South coast I’d say they are pretty much.
Here there’s usually a gap between about December and April, depending on water temps/clarity

Well another great session at the Quay. 83 fish caught Inc Wrasse, Pollack, Pouting?, blennies and gobies all on paternoster rig with rag close in. Can't get enough it's great fun. The wrasse really pull more than their size would suggest. Looking forward to trying from some rock marks come the spring. I'll stick to the harbour with the daughter this winter.

Attachments

• IMG_20211111_151601.jpg
    IMG_20211111_151601.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20211111_114328.jpg
    IMG_20211111_114328.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211111_114937.jpg
    IMG_20211111_114937.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211111_162539.jpg
    IMG_20211111_162539.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Your right there mate, myself & my brother took his daughter fishing in August ,& she caught the first fish ,she still teases us about it !!!!
What do you mean. 'she still teases us about it'???? It was only three months ago! My daughter caught more fish than I did on a trip in 2001 and she still brings it up on a regular basis! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thought so. Didn't manage to get a photo of the Pouting as I dropped it back in... Butter fingers. Similar colour to the pollack but more triangular in shape and more fins

Back