• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Poor day on Chesil

bananas

Reaction score
This a be a quick report. Met up with Mr Mitchell yesterday and fished Abbottsbury, dead. no fish at all for both of us, John had one bite which he missed.
Weed was a bit of a pain, plus we got snipped off several times.
Was lots there, fishing the bottom and fluffing, we only saw 4 mackerel come out over the 5 hours we was there.
We packed up early as fed up and the road from Bridport to Axminster is closed and we didn't know how long the diversions would be.
The road is closed till the 30th and from 8pm to 6am, the diversion seems long but only added about 15- 20 mins to the journey home, it takes you up to the A30 and is well sign posted.

This a be a quick report. Met up with Mr Mitchell yesterday and fished Abbottsbury, dead. no fish at all for both of us, John had one bite which he missed.
Weed was a bit of a pain, plus we got snipped off several times.
Was lots there, fishing the bottom and fluffing, we only saw 4 mackerel come out over the 5 hours we was there.
We packed up early as fed up and the road from Bridport to Axminster is closed and we didn't know how long the diversions would be.
The road is closed till the 30th and from 8pm to 6am, the diversion seems long but only added about 15- 20 mins to the journey home, it takes you up to the A30 and is well sign posted.
It was a similar situation in Mudeford on Tuesday evening.
They had a severs storm in the early hours and it’s churned up all the weeds.
Every single cast, came back with mountains of soft green weed.
It was that bad, even the crabbers caught nothing!!

Great effort lads, cant win em all. Lovely pictures though, looks like it was busy though... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

What, the Easterns you mean Pete. ;)

Ian.
Its like a UN meeting down Bexi and Abbo sometimes complete with its own refugee camp.
But thankfully they dont walk far so the area of infection is localised to the car parks generally.
This time of year I generally find some amusement from them all blanking and its fun to tease them if the mackerel are long and in mid water.
Go down grab a couple of strings, let them see and then watch them getting run ups etc to try and get the extra distance. It does make me laugh, I should be on commission from Abbo tackle the number of crackoffs I can make happen.

Nice report Bob & great photos John. Shame no fishies were about. 🎣🎣👍👍

Its like a UN meeting down Bexi and Abbo sometimes complete with its own refugee camp.
But thankfully they dont walk far so the area of infection is localised to the car parks generally.
This time of year I generally find some amusement from them all blanking and its fun to tease them if the mackerel are long and in mid water.
Go down grab a couple of strings, let them see and then watch them getting run ups etc to try and get the extra distance. It does make me laugh, I should be on commission from Abbo tackle the number of crackoffs I can make happen.
🤣 🤣 Its a shame they don't walk into the sea Pete, and keep feckin walking....;) JMO.

Ian.

Back