• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Predictable

At least you didn't blank mate, good report ?
Oh no, busy enough with bites, only a lull over high for about 45 minutes, so kept busy most of the sesdion.
I had a three hook flapper, fished mostly with rainbow trout on one rod and a big bait, razors, mackerel and squid in various combo's on the other. The big baits only accounted for one doggy the rest came on the flapper and rainbow.
It was a near flat calm so didn't expect too much really.

That's not a bad session at all, and definitely beats being stuck at home. Well done.
Was there much size to the whiting?

That's not a bad session at all, and definitely beats being stuck at home. Well done.
Was there much size to the whiting?
No size at all, pins, bait size unfortunately. Had a big bait out just in case there was an elusive unicorns but no joy there.

Think I would have been introducing the rainbow trout to the grill and some toasted flaked almonds than using it as unicorn bait.! ?
Must confess I have deployed a £1.50 pack of smoked salmon off-cuts as emergency bait when I was tiddler fiddling one day, gives off a nice oily slick.

Think I would have been introducing the rainbow trout to the grill and some toasted flaked almonds than using it as unicorn bait.! ?
Must confess I have deployed a £1.50 pack of smoked salmon off-cuts as emergency bait when I was tiddler fiddling one day, gives off a nice oily slick.
I have plenty to do that with. The stuff I am using was a freezer disaster. Instead of throwing it out I decided to keep it for bait.

The unicorns were being offered, mackerel, razorfish and squid.

I have used that a few times for bait.my family refuse to eat it... never caught nuffink

Back