• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Quick couple of hours

bananas

Reaction score
After missing out joining @Tatunka joe on his Sunday evening session due to the missus coming down with plague and it getting worse during the day and I ended up on dog walking duties and fetching her things instead, so yesterday after I rushed around getting all the chores, walks and bits for her done I nipped out last night for a quick fish at Seaton.
After two bloody road closures and detours that was badly sign posted I got there after 8pm, quick tackle up and rods in the water by 8.30.
There was several there fishing, some on the bottom and some feathering, with the bottom rods out, I broke out the feathers to see if a macky was around, after a few flings, had a good take on the drop, buy felt pretty dead on the way in but gave a couple a pulls just before I swung him out, not a Mackerel but a nice tub, a few croaks as I unhooked him then he was quickly away.
Just as I recast the feathers, one of the bottom rods went, this didn't feel much either and turned out to be a nice Grey Gurnard. Things went a bit quiet till it became darker and bang on high tide I got a hit on the feathers and target achieved, with a nice Scad was laying on the shingle waiting for his pic to be taken.
I decided to bang it on the head after that but had one trace still baited so flipped him out as I broke the other rods down, Just as the last rod was bagged the rod that was out bounced and another Scad had taken the bait, happy days.
So after a nice couple of hours fishing last night I wake to post me hunt pic and find ive a tickle in the throat, bit of a coff, and starting to ache, im so glad she shares every thing with me!!!!

Nice report - well done Bob! I hope what ever Lurgy you have caught gets unhooked & swiftly returned! ????

Back