• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Quick report

Shirleycodlin

I am the god of hell fire
Staff member
Reaction score
Very quick report, fished the east beach at Dungeness on Sunday.
Water was clear and a cold brisk North wind.
Baits were bluey, squid and frozen blacks.
Whiting from the off.
None of a decent size.
Must try harder!

Very quick report, fished the east beach at Dungeness on Sunday.
Water was clear and a cold brisk North wind.
Baits were bluey, squid and frozen blacks.
Whiting from the off.
None of a decent size.
Must try harder!
I would like to get a few whiting but don't get many on the marks I fish! Plenty on the boat though! Hope you snare a cod or two

Good effort. I keep thinking I ought to try Dungy again as not fished it for 3 - 4 years but then I see reports of just ting and dogs and think it's still not worth trying. Sad to see it experience such a decline.

Nice 'little' report Shirls! ??

Wish we could find some Whiting down here - John had heard rumours of big Whiting around a few weeks ago but we couldn't find even one. Think the 'rumours' came indirectly via Farcebook - says it all. ??

Wish we could find some Whiting down here - John had heard rumours of big Whiting around a few weeks ago but we couldn't find even one. Think the 'rumours' came indirectly via Farcebook - says it all. ??
I can't understand people moaning about tings off the beach, be glad to catch them on my marks,I do agree the pin whiting can be nuisances!

Mate had whiteing up to 1lb 9 at slapton the other day maybe go further afield tramp and don’t listen to jhon bey in sizes he one told me my 2 lb hound was 5 lb ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Mate had whiteing up to 1lb 9 at slapton the other day maybe go further afield tramp and don’t listen to jhon bey in sizes he one told me my 2 lb hound was 5 lb ?‍♂️?‍♂️
No fishing this week - no Craic if I go on me todd! Stuff going on here anyway & John's busy with Outlaws & Inlaws! ????

I can't understand people moaning about tings off the beach, be glad to catch them on my marks,I do agree the pin whiting can be nuisances!

Can't remember the last pound plus rat never mind a 2 pounder.
Pin rats or needle long emaciated rats are all we get.

Back