• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Reel seats

nearly70ty

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Hi gents
I have just bought century t800 and the reel seat moves with the reel locked. Is there any thing I can do about this or can you recommend a better reel seat
cheers in advance.

Hi gents
I have just bought century t800 and the reel seat moves with the reel locked. Is there any thing I can do about this or can you recommend a better reel seat
cheers in advance.
Buy a more expensive rod - just jesting, alternatively araldite or drill and screw it into the blank. :D

Might be worth putting a small piece of rubber under the reel foot too if you don't want to fix it permanently. On one of my rods it locks tight with one reel but with another reel (just a slightly older version of the same reel) it still slips a little unless I add a piece of tape of inner tube. As its a new rod I am still playing around with location of the seat.

Cheers gents I'll try a coaster I've put tape on before and it made a right mess after it had been on for a while. Is this the same with all century reel seats when i seen it was a Fugi I expected it to be spot on

As mentioned on the other forum ABU Griplock is a good option in the right size.Also have these aswell as the Imax,both do a good job.
I’ve got a few Griplocks. They do the job but don’t you find they tend to stick?

Quite often I have to hammer them open after a session with the butt of my knife, lol

Funnily enough, it’s the two Abu rods they stick on more.
Got them on two Penns and they’re mostly okay on them.
I’ve never not got them undone but sometimes it need a sharp whack on the edge with the knife butt.
And if that doesn’t work, occasionally a heavy stone...

Shouldn't have to do it on an expensive rod like that make sure it's the right reel fitting think it's 24mm on t800 if it' is still to big a little bit of tape if not a bit of shrink tube about a foot long aleast if use shrink tube you a can replace it when gets dirty you can also replace the tape

Last edited:
Back