• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Remember my lack of sole?

Si-fly

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry bit delayed this post!

But just getting my ass in gear and posting some pics from the last few trips.

I finally found some sole, nice big fat ones at that.... So rewarding when the plan comes together!

Not masses of fish but 1 or 2 for a few sessions, with the best going 3+, and another nice brace going 4lb 8oz.IMG_20211008_212855~3_resize_9.jpg
IMG_20211011_200208~3_resize_42.jpg

Most trips have also produced a few thornbacks and bass, with the odd conger, silver eel, pout, yting.

I then had a rush trip down south to target some species for a hunt, and hopefully get a few squid before the storms hit!

Swanage was the first stop, and such a lovely place to fish, with loads of fish about.

The target of a Ballians wrasse was soon accomplished, and then crazily, I just kept catching more!.... I must have had 15-20+ of them. IMG_20211017_121503~2_resize_16.jpg
I also had some nice Corkwings, ballans and a single goldsinny. IMG_20211017_131224_resize_57.jpg
A few Tompots, gobbies, pollack, pout made up the worm catches.... With loads of smelt on feathers and loads of gars on the float. IMG_20211017_122457~2_resize_62.jpg

Next it was off to Boscombe for squid and hopefully a few flats.

It turned out a slowish night, but after sorting out my squid technique, I finally started to get a few.... Ending with a respecting score of 28 squid in the bucket ?IMG_20211018_022747_resize_48.jpg

I did chop one for bait which produced a lovely little brace of undies..... First of the year ?IMG_20211017_233015_resize_28.jpg

Another first for maybe 45 years was a dab!...... No way.... It was going well ?IMG_20211017_231032~2_resize_11.jpg
Then a monster thornback! IMG_20211018_005506~2_resize_33.jpgtook some dragging in that one!

After that there may have been a few yting, but it was then off to bed.

Next morning the sea was pretty rough, and i was thinking of Poole Quay out the wind, but my mate said turbos and brill.... So off we went back to the pier!

He quickly pulled out 2 Turbot ?... Wow, that spurred me on a bit, and finally a bite and a turbo for me as well.... Another first for a few years. IMG_20211018_125826_resize_11.jpgThat was the last decent fish we had, and as the rain and wind picked up we knocked it on the head.

Very happy with that trip, and a few species for the hunt, along with some nice cod bait.

Cheers lads
SI.

But just getting my ass in gear and posting some pics from the last few trips.

I finally found some sole, nice big fat ones at that.... So rewarding when the plan comes together!

Not masses of fish but 1 or 2 for a few sessions, with the best going 3+, and another nice brace going 4lb 8oz.View attachment 17032
View attachment 17033

Most trips have also produced a few thornbacks and bass, with the odd conger, silver eel, pout, yting.

I then had a rush trip down south to target some species for a hunt, and hopefully get a few squid before the storms hit!

Swanage was the first stop, and such a lovely place to fish, with loads of fish about.

The target of a Ballians wrasse was soon accomplished, and then crazily, I just kept catching more!.... I must have had 15-20+ of them. View attachment 17034
I also had some nice Corkwings, ballans and a single goldsinny. View attachment 17035
A few Tompots, gobbies, pollack, pout made up the worm catches.... With loads of smelt on feathers and loads of gars on the float. View attachment 17036

Next it was off to Boscombe for squid and hopefully a few flats.

It turned out a slowish night, but after sorting out my squid technique, I finally started to get a few.... Ending with a respecting score of 28 squid in the bucket ?View attachment 17047

I did chop one for bait which produced a lovely little brace of undies..... First of the year ?View attachment 17037

Another first for maybe 45 years was a dab!...... No way.... It was going well ?View attachment 17038
Then a monster thornback! View attachment 17039took some dragging in that one!

After that there may have been a few yting, but it was then off to bed.

Next morning the sea was pretty rough, and i was thinking of Poole Quay out the wind, but my mate said turbos and brill.... So off we went back to the pier!

He quickly pulled out 2 Turbot ?... Wow, that spurred me on a bit, and finally a bite and a turbo for me as well.... Another first for a few years. View attachment 17042That was the last decent fish we had, and as the rain and wind picked up we knocked it on the head.

Very happy with that trip, and a few species for the hunt, along with some nice cod bait.

Cheers lads
SI.
Bleddy hell!!!! That's amazing fishing!!! Right boat fuelled up nets loaded,see you later!!!! Fair play that's some angling!!!!!!!

Well, that's just not good enough Si! ??

Seriously, another cracking report and great photos - well done on the Sole, they look huge! Gonna have to get a bigger pan! ???

Back