• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Highlands Report two

Then another and then another…so four of us on the end of an harbour wall.. toby lures.. shads.. feathers going all over the shop.
I took the opportunity to swap rigs and put on a four ounce watch lead with some lug on a pulley rig as there wasn’t enough space..
Got chatting to one bloke who said the mackerel and haddock were being caught on the harbour most days.
Now I know nothing about sea fishing but I don’t think you can catch haddock from the shore.. maybe one of you gentlemen can put me right.
Another angler turned up.. lit up a massive spliff and set up next to me.
I decided enough was enough and began to pack up. A few minutes later he said his lure wasn’t heavy enough so I gave him a metal pirky thing and told him to keep it.
Next thing he gave me a spliff of pure weed..so I lit up and carried on packing away…three more anglers turned up and it turned silly.. no space at all.
Any way.. I got to the car which was parked right at the end of the pier.. and every one else has parked behind me..so I had to reverse around 250 yards along the pier.. some people couldn’t park so after my cough had stopped ? I had to reverse along with about 2 feet to spare before I dropped into the sea..
Nobody caught anything but I already had the fish in my car.View attachment 28939
Did you drive after smoking weed , I am surprised you didn’t reverse off the pier

Well done flaps unlucky not to catch but least you got some fresh Mac and you can get haddock from the shore mate ?I guess you have to be careful when driveing up there with so much traffic on the roads as well ?

Nice one flaps better luck next time . I'm sure the mackerel would be at quieter marks nearby aswell maybe deep rock areas perhaps. No idea of the area at all though .

Great write up and pics flappy. Well done on getting a few fish, regardless of how you got them, they look damn tasty smoked.

Back