• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Rig Making Book

Neilos

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi All....
Is there a book you can recommend about making rigs? And maybe sea fishing generally.
Would like to have something I can reference rather than using Google all the time.
TIA
Neil

Hi All....
Is there a book you can recommend about making rigs? And maybe sea fishing generally.
Would like to have something I can reference rather than using Google all the time.
TIA
Neil

I like to book mark any good sites as goto's

Hi All....
TIA
Neil
Do you mean good old print form, keep it on the bookshelf?

I saw the PSF one a d have downloaded it...looks great but want to find an 'actual' book.

Thanks Thrasher....some look promising....even the older ones. ??

No worries. M collection is mostly fly fishing and fly tying. I have a few generalist books I think that cover all angles, coarse game and sea but they are old. I wil have a better look next time I am in the shed.

I printed and laminated the planet sea fishing book
A good printer that prints double sided and a long arm stapler are good parts of an anglers toolkit! (y)(y):)

Agree with previous suggestions. (y)

Sea Angler published a hard back book on rig making called "The Sea Angler's Step-By-Step Guide to Bait and Rigs". It's a bit dated but a lot of the basic rigs have not changed much. The photos and explanations are simple to follow.

There's another pocket booklet available on Ebay called "Sea Angling Pocket Rig Book" by Mpdawn Publications that's got a lot of rigs in it. It's basic diagrams and more of a rig library but for a few quid it's worth having.

Personally, for modern rig inspiration my favorite video person regarding rigs and rig building is Jason Keen.
I find him easy to listen to, he gives clear explanation and insight into the reasoning of the rigs.
Most of his videos are on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/watch/jkeen1973/ there are some beauties on there.
Some but not all of his rig videos are on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrJhkeen/videos

Last edited:
Just had a look at Jason's fb page....excellent!

Back