• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West River fal..

Cfish

Reaction score
Had a trip out carrick roads today.the conditions were beautiful first few hours though later on the wind got up. Fishing was slow but we ended up with a box of whiting and a couple of jumbo mackeral with a few small macky for bait.fish all on baited feathers nothing on big ledgered squid baits. Nice to be out, bleddy seals were a nuisance but it was nice to see some dolphins!IMG_20220115_102255_437.jpgIMG_20220115_113932_569.jpgIMG_20220115_123808_557.jpgIMG_20220115_084940_499.jpg

Great area for fishing. Well done getting out.

Well done Tommo! Great report & nice photos too! ????

How did you get on????? We were going to go out further but weren't sure about the weather, our boat will take it but it's a slow hull.
That was a photo from last year’s trip down to Cornwall. Wasn’t brilliant but being a tourist I’m having to find my own marks.

Nice little trip Tommo, a few there for the freezer!

Altogether now: ‘Where did he get that hat, where did he get that hat?’
I've got one similar, looks daft but keeps you warm,mine is a more sophisticated grey tweed! My mate is a northener so knows his place in boating circles on the yachty infested cornish Riviara!

Been looking at the charts to fish the manacles but don't think we will do it,too far to chug back if the weather turns crappy,been there done that,wind picks up, next thing you're in a shit storm for two hours coming home! Fast boats you feel it coming and are home before it hits.

Could you not have plan B as going up Helford River and leaving boat on a visitor mooring if the weather turns?

Could you not have plan B as going up Helford River and leaving boat on a visitor mooring if the weather turns?
We were thinking the helford! Better off doing the marks we know,!

Back