• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Rod Bags/cases

Trampster

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Had another Rod bag delivered from Midwater Luggage this morning (trading on eBay as CGR bike gear). I can't recommend them highly enough. Great customer service, quality items and good service. They will make a bag to any size you require, just message Paul, the customer services manager, via eBay.

I wanted a custom bag for a 3 section 15ft beach rod I recently bought, and Paul advised it would be £12. The bag arrived and idiot face here hadn't measured the width of the rod rings properly so they wouldn't go in the bag. Totally my own fault, so ordered a wider one, and Paul kindly gave me some discount. Fifth item I have ordered - Tripod net, seat box cushion, and 3 rod bags, and every item has been top quality and well made. I've put a link below for their sea fishing 2 section rod bags, check out their coarse fishing bags if you need a 3 section. The bags are all made of the same quality Nylon, and if what you want isn't listed, message Paul. Really nice to be able to give a British company a thumbs up, as opposed to the ones we sometimes have a deserved moan about.

I was looking at that seller the other day, was thinking of getting the breakaway cushion and tripod net
I haven't used the tripod net as haven't needed it and only been out a few times this year due to health issues. The seat cushion is brilliant quality. Their delivery is sometimes a little slow as everything is custom made, but the items they are selling aren't usually urgent anyway.

Cushions?! You all got piles or something? ?
Well he does live in "Goat Country"!!! Anything is possible there??? Plus right next to Cornwall and those Errant Emmet's are out at night so maybe he's been sleeping with window open!!!:eek::oops:?????????⛔

Cushions?! You all got piles or something? ?
Getting old don't ya know. Can't beat a bit of comfort. Made the Shakey box look a bit tidier in the lounge too until SWMBO told me to remove it or suffer!

Getting old don't ya know. Can't beat a bit of comfort. Made the Shakey box look a bit tidier in the lounge too until SWMBO told me to remove it or suffer!
Lol! Usually I hardly even sit on my seat box, maybe five minutes here and there but I’m usually pacing about or sorting bait etc

Lol! Usually I hardly even sit on my seat box, maybe five minutes here and there but I’m usually pacing about or sorting bait etc
The perils of being short of breath. Pacing about on shingle is hard work for me so gotta perch like a wise old Owl occasionally!

It's a cushion for the back rest, I was going to put it on the lower part of my Breakaway conversion to make it more comfy to carry.

Haven't been around due to work being ridiculously busy...Christmas is a bar's busiest time and it's been non stop. During the time my rods have been in the garage a bloody mouse has decided to do me a favour and eat through both of my rod bags! Still they're the ones that Sonik supply with the rod and they're total rubbish.
Soooo....have just ordered two of the aforementioned bags from CGS ...they look great!
Needless to say all my fishing gear is now in the spare room!

Attachments

• 20211231_182333.jpg
    20211231_182333.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 7
I.m 73 and my fishing days are numbered , older age comes to us all if we live that long , as the years go by things get harder so just make the best of it while you can is my advice.;)
The two most prolific match anglers at our club are both in there 70s but year arfter yr they fight for the top spot between themselves the rest of us just go for 3 rd not big casters keep things simple but just yrs and yrs of knowledge they’ve fished every beach round hear from Plymouth to Portland they got a mark for every place in any conditions imagine able and they won’t give a snippet of that away I asked one of them once where there favourite place to fish was and he looked me straight the eye and replied the sea ??? never get a thing from them while there still fishing but there Knowledge wins them top spot every time they orso have wot every good angler has and that’s luck ? legends ?

Back