• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

rod tip lights

mitzi

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
can anyone recomend decent quality rod tip lights im on my second set of ebay battery ones both far from perfect are the glowstick ones better?

Hiya mate, if you go to the tackle questions and reviews section there's a thread on there about this subject. ?

Hiya mate, if you go to the tackle questions and reviews section there's a thread on there about this subject. ?
Beat me to it - I was just retrieving the link!

can anyone recomend decent quality rod tip lights im on my second set of ebay battery ones both far from perfect are the glowstick ones better?
Can help you out with a bag of mk4 tip lights and reams of batteries either 6 or 8 lights most work well blue ones do as used them

have you given up on them T?
I just don't use as tips are too thin being full carbon for holder to be a firm enough fixture.
Ive made a rechargeable light that clips on tripod leg to show up tips anyway
Have a couple of my old rods that have fitting so could use but only take rods out for a Birthday treat!

I just don't use as tips are too thin being full carbon for holder to be a firm enough fixture.
Ive made a rechargeable light that clips on tripod leg to show up tips anyway
Have a couple of my old rods that have fitting so could use but only take rods out for a Birthday treat!
I will have a look at mine just in case.
I think the Imax will be okay, not sure about the Unabomber or the Agility surfs.

Glowsticks are the ones I use, nothing worse that a battery one when the battery dies.

Look out for the Civit ones at Lidl from time to time,cheap,bright and last up to 24hours
They last for several sessions if you put them in the freezer after using them; it slows the chemical process which will start again when they warm up..

Look out for the Civit ones at Lidl from time to time,cheap,bright and last up to 24hours
I have not seen them in either Lidl or Aldi for a while. They are normally in when they do their annual fishing gear few days.
I have a couple of boxes, now very old and they seem to have gone off, not much light from them when activated.

I am thinking I might have to do the opposite as cold slows the reaction and makes them last longer. Might pop a couple in the oven when the missus is not about.
A nice mess of blobs at the bottom of the oven - go for it :ROFLMAO:

Back