• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Salpton comp

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
So yestaday we had our club comp at slapton arfter takeing a few wrong turns and ending up getting the dart ferry to get there šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ it all kicked off at 12 wot can I say well with colour in the water and a strong 20 mph wind off the shoulder it was a fish a Chuck session whiteing and dogs from the off double shots of each along with the odd strap any rig or bait we stuck out was getting nailed in seconds I managed a couple of bigger tings around the lb plus mark and better ish dogs news from other parts of the beach filterd tru of macs hounds rays an Huss being caught but me and me mate chould not get tru the onslaught of the dog an ting army then just arfter dark a strage bite which I was convinced was a hound resulted in a pb spotted for me at 4 lb 2 oz he was 6 oz off specimin but I was made up not long arfter I snagged a 4 lb 12 oz hound so was on a roll more tings and dogs right upto the end of the comp with nothing else to add to score card
Back at the weigh in the list of fish was very impressive
Dogs ti 2 lb 8 oz specimen size
Whiteing upto 1 lb 4 oz
Huss upto 10 lb 2 oz specimen
Smalleye to 7 lb
Hounds upto 5 lb
Spotted upto 4 lb 2
Spurs upto 6 lb
A few macs
And a 1 lb 9 oz pout which won the comp
Orso caught was a very unexpected and very very rare blue skate at 7 lb amazing to see
All in all a brilliant comp with loads of great fish caught but I still fecking hate slapton and on top of that Iā€™m knakerd šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Cheers ma butesIMG_3136.jpegfddbdef9-e0ca-45b2-a153-7b7f98b5612c.jpeg unfortunately as thereā€™s no British record for blue skate he canā€™t weigh it in for comp but once I. A lifetime catch that one šŸ‘

Great report & photos Tats! Nice to see a good mix coming out of Slapton. šŸŽ£šŸŽ£šŸ‘šŸ‘

Well done . Good to see slapton eventually giving some decant fish up . Tempted to go on tonights tide

Well done mate, that's a cracking spotted, I know you get em bigger down there, but you rarely see spotted Ray over 4lb from the Bristol channel. Sounds like a brilliant comp šŸ‘

Well done mate, that's a cracking spotted, I know you get em bigger down there, but you rarely see spotted Ray over 4lb from the Bristol channel. Sounds like a brilliant comp šŸ‘
Yeah I was chuffed with that one pb all day got 4 th place in the end so not to shabby the old bey smashed it 2 ting 2 pout 2 dogs 2 huss and and 2 spurs heā€™s a machine

Great report Tats, lovely pics too. Nice one mate.. šŸŽ£ šŸŽ£

Ian.

What an excellent bash. I think he caught the British record blue skate is there isn't one and it should have won the comp!

Back