• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Same again, Boscombe.

cap'nhaddock

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Working on the theory that fishing in daylight would get better one day I went to Boscombe Pier last Thursday in search of a dab or a ray.

boscombe.jpg

My theory is not supported by any evidence, the fishing was dire, most of the tide up resulted in one small plaice, fishing into darkness resulted in a plague of small whiting.

plaice.jpg

I tried again yesterday, it was deja vu all over again, fishing the tide down gave nothing in daylight and a small plaice and infestation of small whiting after dark.

For those unfamiliar with Boscombe the bungee in the photos is a necessary addition to your kit, the area is popular with other water users who have no regard for anglers and will swim, paddle, surf, row or race their jet skis* through, catch your line and flip a rod over the rail, there are also big bass and rays caught here that will do the same.
The wires under the rail are to a) try to prevent loonies from jumping into very shallow water from a height, b) to make landing a fish difficult and c) to snag any trace you allow to swing onto the wires.

*Includes one **** who is a RNLI lifesaver who likes to show off when bored.

Back