• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Sea Hooks?

I always throw hooks away after a session but have fairly recently created myself a little sharps box, like they use in hospitals. It's just a small plastic box with a slot cut in the top and a plastic flap stuck inside to stop the hooks coming back out. I pop my old hooks in as I cut them off rigs and then I can stick the box inside my bag, secure in the knowledge that no hooks are going to come out but more importantly, that I'm not going to get one through a finger when I empty my bag.
I always try to take 2 buckets stacked together with me, one of which I fill with water to rinse hands or revive Fish. If I change Rigs or remove rigs at the end of a session, they go in the bottom bucket to be sorted at home. Also do the same with any abandoned fishing line I come across.

I always throw hooks away after a session but have fairly recently created myself a little sharps box, like they use in hospitals. It's just a small plastic box with a slot cut in the top and a plastic flap stuck inside to stop the hooks coming back out. I pop my old hooks in as I cut them off rigs and then I can stick the box inside my bag, secure in the knowledge that no hooks are going to come out but more importantly, that I'm not going to get one through a finger when I empty my bag.
Why don’t you chuck them in the sea like everyone else..?

I decided to take your idea and use it …. Hope you don’t mind and found these on Amason >>>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B397ZS7R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One can become a sharps container once I have cut out the top. The rest will become containers for storing hooks, swivels, beads etc

No worries mate. The containers look good too.
just under 3 inches wide and just over 3 inches tall with screw lid …. Thanks for the idea 👍

I decided to take your idea and use it …. Hope you don’t mind and found these on Amason >>>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B397ZS7R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One can become a sharps container once I have cut out the top. The rest will become containers for storing hooks, swivels, beads etc
Once you have cut a slot in the lid just get a thin piece of plastic (I used the lid off an ice cream container) then cut a piece about twice the width of the slot then superglue it on the inside of the lid, just on one edge. It then lets you pop hooks easily inside but they can’t get out until you take the lid off.

Back