• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Sea rats 1 to 1million billion trillion

Shirleycodlin

I am the god of hell fire
Staff member
Reaction score
A change of venue tonight for Darren and I.
Instead of our usual ray venue we opted for a change.
Still in with a very good chance but more often it's less fish but a bigger general size.
Started the evening with a gentle off shore breeze as forecast. However, within 20 minutes the rain arrived, which was not forecast.
Darren kicked things off with a dogfish and I followed up with a whiting and another and another and another ?
Soon the sea rats were plaguing Darren as well.
Despite our best efforts, no rays were caught.
We packed up just as an icy cold North wind arrived.
Now at home sat in front of the fire trying to defrost!
Must try harder next time.

Still in with a very good chance but more often it's less fish but a bigger general size.
Started the evening with a gentle off shore breeze as forecast. However, within 20 minutes the rain arrived, which was not forecast.
Darren kicked things off with a dogfish and I followed up with a whiting and another and another and another ?
Credit due for trying in those conditions as only a realistic prospect of a cod would tempt me and that's not going to happen in Kent for the foreseeable..... Still I'm planning on trying for some plaice in Sussex on Saturday. Think that's why its gone cold again ?. It's all my fault?

Well done for braving the Icy cold wet stuff Shirls, good report, but as Warbs said, if they ain't there, you won't catch'em! ????

Unlucky SC. They're back in numbers in the Thames. Last week took the boat out and found we had a spring run of whiting that were a better size than there autumn cousins. Did manage a decent size roker despite the tings best efforts to eat everything.IMG_3249.JPG

Credit due for trying in those conditions as only a realistic prospect of a cod would tempt me and that's not going to happen in Kent for the foreseeable..... Still I'm planning on trying for some plaice in Sussex on Saturday. Think that's why its gone cold again ?. It's all my fault?
Eastbourne & Pevensey had a few being caught over the last week or so.

Keep clearing they pests bey good effort shirl ???

Nice to be out and at it Shirl (y) The mention of codling - remember them? - has got to be an April Fool's right?:sneaky: (Rays we call "long tailed sea rats" in our circle btw)

Back