• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review seat box Sherpa

Thrasher

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Bought one a while ago and only got its first outing on Tuesday night.
I was quite impressed with the comfort of it and the relative ease of being able to get my box swung on to my back. Bit of a faff fitting it before and after trip but I couldn't be bothered trying to fit a breakaway carry, and it is mainly rock marks around here, so there has to be a compromise somewhere and I am sure I will get quicker the more I use it.
The padding on the shoulder straps looks a thin but they were okay on the 30 minute journey to and from the mark.
Very early days but quite impressed with the purchase on its first outing.

i use a old beta box with a ruck sack carrying frame bolted to the box , walked all over the Holderness coast , the trouble with a lot of boxes they dig in your back when walking.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 8
Bought one a while ago and only got its first outing on Tuesday night.
I was quite impressed with the comfort of it and the relative ease of being able to get my box swung on to my back. Bit of a faff fitting it before and after trip but I couldn't be bothered trying to fit a breakaway carry, and it is mainly rock marks around here, so there has to be a compromise somewhere and I am sure I will get quicker the more I use it.
The padding on the shoulder straps looks a thin but they were okay on the 30 minute journey to and from the mark.
Very early days but quite impressed with the purchase on its first outing.
I’ve used one for years and can easily hike a mile or two or three with it.
Find it quite comfortable once the straps are the right length.
It does get muddy or sandy at beach/estuary marks but that doesn’t bother me and it’s easily machine washed if needs be.

Most rock marks a rucksack gets used though.

I’ve used one for years and can easily hike a mile or two or three with it.
Find it quite comfortable once the straps are the right length.
It does get muddy or sandy at beach/estuary marks but that doesn’t bother me and it’s easily machine washed if needs be.

Most rock marks a rucksack gets used though.
I have got a rucksack but that has got the lure gear in it.
I did use a rucksack years ago but retired a beta box from the trout fishing so started using it for the sea gear.

I have got a rucksack but that has got the lure gear in it.
I did use a rucksack years ago but retired a beta box from the trout fishing so started using it for the sea gear.
For most rock marks I fish, a box wouldn’t really be practical, too bulky/unsafe during awkward climbing and very few flat surfaces to actually stand it on.
It gets used on every beach mark though.

Back