• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

SG Salt Seeker.

Trampster

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Mr Postie has not long left having brought me some goodies today, amongst which was a pair of SG Salt Seekers. I've got a couple of lighter seekers already, but wanted some heavier ones to use with the new Abu Tormentor lure rod. Itching to get out and give them a try, but need the tides to be right for the marks I can access when the holiday makers have gone for the day.

SG Surf Seeker Crop.jpg

They do raise the old Chestnut of Single or Treble hooks. They come with both. I did change some of my lure hooks to Singles but unsure which is best when it come to catch rate Vs. Fish Welfare.

Good lures!
Certainly trebles (no more than 2) for top water lures but I'm beginning to believe that a single on the rear of any subsurface plug works a treat (perhaps even better than a treble as far as hook hold on better fish is concerned?) and certainly makes unhooking far easier. I don't use trebles on flies or SPS.....and they hook up well....

They do raise the old Chestnut of Single or Treble hooks. They come with both. I did change some of my lure hooks to Singles but unsure which is best when it come to catch rate Vs. Fish Welfare.
Singles every time.

Tramps, I am going slightly off message to ask the guys what after market singles they buy as replacements?
No Problem Thrash - all relevant! I think the last ones I bought were as EastCoastGreg, Mustad Kaijus 1/0, but they looked a bit small on arrival so also bought a pack of Cox & Rawle inline 2/0. Both good quality hooks.

Back