• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Shakespeare Beach, Dover 25/05

GSPseafishing

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
So.... it was my Thursday evening to go fishing and planning the fishing session hadn't quite gone to plan. I don't finish work until 4pm and the high Tide around Kent was between 3.30pm and 4.15pm so I was never going to make it to a mark to fish the high. The only option was to fish the ebbing tide at a venue with good depth of water. My first thought was Deal Pier, but the cost of 1 rod being £7.30 is very expensive, especially if you can only fish 3-4 hours, and the wind from the NE was picking up to 20mph so would have made fishing uncomfortable . This ruled out Deal Pier and subsequently ruled out Ramsgate Harbour Arm. A very last call headed us in the direction of Shakespeare Beach. I know Shakespeare Beach has really good depth and it can throw up the unexpected even though we didn't expect much due to the tiny tides.
Pete picked me up at 4.15pm and we headed straight down there and met Mark at Lord Warden Square and promptly walked to the beach and set up. Not long had our baits been in the water and Petes rod started to bounce. In come a good size dogfish which we released into the clear water and watched it swim off. Approximately 20mins later Petes rod went again, and again it was another good Dogfish. Its always nice to see fish especially when you're not expecting much. Mark was then into a Dogfish and shorty after he had a nice Thornback Ray. At this point I was wondering what I was doing wrong! We were 3hrs into the session and then Pete had a Thornback and Mark had another Dogfish. I was starting to think it was never going to happen and I had been switching rigs left, right and centre trying to find fish. But like buses, 2 came at once! First I had a dogfish on a 3 hook boom rig and no sooner had I put the rod down in the rest did I notice the other rod slack and pulled in another! It was at this point we decided to call it a day, just as the light was leaving us and just in time to get to burger king!

We thoroughly enjoyed the session and Shakespeare Beach rarely fails us.

Please see the video below and subscribe to the channel if you haven't already 👍

Great report and Vid mate. Nice one... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Nice report GSP! 🎣🎣👍👍

Back