• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales She's finally singing.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
After 2 consecutive blanks last week I really should have called it quits for another season, but the thought of just 1 more bass was too tempting 😄. There was also a fantastic window in the weather on Tuesday evening, so despite the tide being far from ideal, it seemed silly not to give it a go :unsure:.

My chosen venue was one where I haven’t fished since April, but where I have caught previously later in the season, so it seemed worth a shot.

With almost non-existent winds and a thick blanket of cloud to obscure the bright moon, I couldn’t have asked for better weather, and with flat calm and crystal clear water too, everything looked to be in place for a good session.

Sadly, this wasn’t the case and in 4 hours of fishing I didn’t get a touch, hear any splashes or see any signs of life, save for a few prawns hiding in among the weed 🤷‍♂️.

Now my mind was pretty much made up after that, but with Thursday’s tide being spot on for my favourite late season bass mark, it would have been a shame not to give it one last try, before throwing in the towel for the year.

Once again, water conditions were almost perfect, with clear water and a decent flow running in which to work my lures, but the only fly in the ointment was the mainly cloudless skies. There was some thin, high cloud but it was nowhere near enough to cover up the bright moonlight. Though I’m not a fan of such bright conditions, I have caught plenty of bass around the time of the full moon, so it was still worth a go 😉.

Just as on Tuesday, things were worryingly quiet but then out of nowhere, almost 3 hours after I started fishing, my lure was finally hit! 😮 Agonisingly though, it wasn’t to the fairytale ending to my season that I was hoping for, and after only a few seconds the attacker threw the hook and was gone again 😳. It all happened so quickly, and there was nothing I could have done to stop the fish from escaping, but that didn’t stop me from feeling absolutely gutted 😭. Determined not to give up just yet though, I checked my hook, which was still needle sharp (y), and I got straight back in the hunt.

Unfortunately, that hit turned out to be my only chance of the night, and apart from a solitary splash only a few meters away from me an hour or so later, I saw nothing to indicate the presence of any other living creature.

As I said earlier, I had probably already made the decision but with 4 blanks in a row, my worst spell since June 2019, I could hear her singing in the distance, so I finally called time on my 2023 lure season.
Fat lady.jpg

After 2 consecutive blanks last week I really should have called it quits for another season, but the thought of just 1 more bass was too tempting 😄. There was also a fantastic window in the weather on Tuesday evening, so despite the tide being far from ideal, it seemed silly not to give it a go :unsure:.

My chosen venue was one where I haven’t fished since April, but where I have caught previously later in the season, so it seemed worth a shot.

With almost non-existent winds and a thick blanket of cloud to obscure the bright moon, I couldn’t have asked for better weather, and with flat calm and crystal clear water too, everything looked to be in place for a good session.

Sadly, this wasn’t the case and in 4 hours of fishing I didn’t get a touch, hear any splashes or see any signs of life, save for a few prawns hiding in among the weed 🤷‍♂️.

Now my mind was pretty much made up after that, but with Thursday’s tide being spot on for my favourite late season bass mark, it would have been a shame not to give it one last try, before throwing in the towel for the year.

Once again, water conditions were almost perfect, with clear water and a decent flow running in which to work my lures, but the only fly in the ointment was the mainly cloudless skies. There was some thin, high cloud but it was nowhere near enough to cover up the bright moonlight. Though I’m not a fan of such bright conditions, I have caught plenty of bass around the time of the full moon, so it was still worth a go 😉.

Just as on Tuesday, things were worryingly quiet but then out of nowhere, almost 3 hours after I started fishing, my lure was finally hit! 😮 Agonisingly though, it wasn’t to the fairytale ending to my season that I was hoping for, and after only a few seconds the attacker threw the hook and was gone again 😳. It all happened so quickly, and there was nothing I could have done to stop the fish from escaping, but that didn’t stop me from feeling absolutely gutted 😭. Determined not to give up just yet though, I checked my hook, which was still needle sharp (y), and I got straight back in the hunt.

Unfortunately, that hit turned out to be my only chance of the night, and apart from a solitary splash only a few meters away from me an hour or so later, I saw nothing to indicate the presence of any other living creature.

As I said earlier, I had probably already made the decision but with 4 blanks in a row, my worst spell since June 2019, I could hear her singing in the distance, so I finally called time on my 2023 lure season.
View attachment 54558
Kin ell, Madonna has fair piled the beef on.! 🤣

Cant win them all Andy. At least you give it a dam good go though. Better luck next year mate.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back