• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

East Anglia Shingle Street

hughes66

Reaction score
Late report from 12/4/24
Hit the beach about midday target were rays id heard doggies were abundant.
Baits were Squid/mackie/bluey and a handfull of peelers.

No scratching rod this time just two rods up n overs.
First cast a doggie ,first cast on second rod a doggie then 2 whiting and 2 more doggies ,Spoke to a chap who was fishing to my right as he left he had only caught doggies.
As i returned to my rods had a bite on r/hand rod pulledin a 2 1/2lb thornie another doggie then another ray about 2lb
4 more doggies and 1 more whiting.

finished with 3x whiting 9xdoggies 2x rays target acheived.

Nice session.

A few mates have been fishing the river between shingle street and Orford alot recently, seems there's some decent rays about, but as you say, the dogfish are everywhere and in great abundance.

Nice little session mate, great mixed bag of fish too. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Nice report Mr Hughes. 14 fish in a session is fair going, and at least you caught your target Rays. 🎣🎣👍👍

Nice session.

A few mates have been fishing the river between shingle street and Orford alot recently, seems there's some decent rays about, but as you say, the dogfish are everywhere and in great abundance.
Yes i know a guy who fishes in the river on a 14ft boat and has had some nice rays and bass from there.

Didn't hear of many rays til a few years ago, they seem to be there in good numbers now.
Always surprises me there are so many in the river.

Have you ever fished the river round there?
I keep meaning to tag along with my mates and give it a go one day as they seem to favour it over some of the beaches now.

Ive only fished it a handfull of times and just along from shingle street, but not further up, it pulls through at a fair pace on a big tide probably better on a smaller tide and further up the river.But would possibly be a sheltered spot when things are rough on the beaches.

Back