• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Shopping spree.....

wingnut55

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Had a bit of a spend up today, purchased a pair of AFAW 14' Four & Baits, lovely light rods, will do for flattie bashing and light lead work, got them down to £390 for the pair, were £205 each, bargain. A pair of Vass-Tex 700E Nova chest waders for £73, another bargain, and a Coleman 360 LED lantern for the base camp. £30. Happy days. 🎣 🎣 🎣

And all purchased locally. We need to keep the local tackle shops alive. (y)

Ian.

Last edited:
I think we are all guilty of buying cheaper online, but as i found, most tackle shops will do you a deal, well on most things anyway, obviously not bait. 🎣 🎣

Use them or lose them as they say.

Ian

You could have bought a car for that..!!🙄
No good to me flappy, non driver. :D I have a chauffeur, my partner Karen....;)

Ian.

Only problem with the Four & Baits is the butt is only 22mm, and i use Abu Grip-Lok seats on all my rods, smallest they do is 25.2mm, i have had to use shrink tube on most of my rods to allow the Grip-Loks to be used, but that was only a 1mm to 1.5mm, at most. Not sure i want to pack out 3.2mm with shrink tube. Hmm.

Ian.

Last edited:
Can you not use the sliding reel seat provided but add a coaster to use as a finger grip . I did that with my 6 n baits and TT sports
Or just jam a bit of plastic waste pipe into the holder..👍

Can you not use the sliding reel seat provided but add a coaster to use as a finger grip . I did that with my 6 n baits and TT sports
Had thought about that mate, might give it a go, got some Century coasters knocking around somewhere. (y)

Ian.

Last edited:
Back