• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Shoreham 04/03/23

Emmcee75

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I had fished shoreham last sunday and managed 3 small plaice so decided to go back for Saturday's morning tide which was 9-45am ish. Baits were frozen blacks, razor clams and mussel meat.
Arrived to find quite a swell and some big breakers which were colouring up the water though the sea was flat with the occasional lump coming in and overcast skies so not ideal plaice conditions. The sea looked a little clearer further out so both my rods had bagnall bar rigs to help me with distance (not that im a big caster) and rolling leads to hopefully get me past the coloured water. First cast and the rigs were rolling nicely in the tide when the right rod had a rattle followed by slack line and my first plaice of the day came up the shingle. Slightly bigger than last weeks so happy with that. The rig had rolled round and was roughly 60yds out when I had the bite so I recast to roughly that distance and within minutes the rod was rattling again with this time a flounder coming up the shingle followed some 15/20 minutes later by an even smaller flounder. A good start I thought but the bites soon stopped and the following 2hrs were more or less biteless. An hour into the ebb and a better bite saw my second plaice of the day come up the shingle but then followed by another slow hour. My final reel in saw another plaice ,with 3hrs into the ebb I called it a day.
Incidentally all bites came in the coloured water and to straight frozen blacks.
Tight lines.
Screenshot_20230304_173201_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230304_173137_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230304_173119_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230304_173108_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230304_173056_Gallery.jpg

Nice report and well done! Whereabouts on Shoreham beach do you fish and where is good parking? I’ve never fished that area of the coast.

Good report & Photos EmmCee! You did well on the Flatties for the time of year. Enjoyed reading your report. 🎣🎣👍👍

Nice report and well done! Whereabouts on Shoreham beach do you fish and where is good parking? I’ve never fished that area of the coast.
I tend to fish up between an area called the Burrells and the arm. The last twice I've parked in shoreham Fort car park which is £4 for the day. There are side roads you can park down with one road being called "the Burrells " though at the moment there is road works hence why I went to the Fort car park. The red pin is the rough area i tend to fish. I find the further west along this beach the more chance of swimmers etc so stay near the arm. Screenshot_20230305_120902_Maps.jpg

Exactly where I fished last week……I’ll be back there midweek this week. I’d like to do Brighton banjo but the parking there you need a 2nd mortgage for 😂😂.
I see someone had a 5lb plaice off Boscombe pier….may even go west for a change and between the piers at Bournemouth. 🤷‍♂️

I tend to fish up between an area called the Burrells and the arm. The last twice I've parked in shoreham Fort car park which is £4 for the day. There are side roads you can park down with one road being called "the Burrells " though at the moment there is road works hence why I went to the Fort car park. The red pin is the rough area i tend to fish. I find the further west along this beach the more chance of swimmers etc so stay near the arm. View attachment 41071
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your help and will give it a go myself in the next couple of weeks.

Back