• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Short session at Hurst shingle bank

2much

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Took the little one over to the shingle bank this afternoon to fish the tide down for 3 or so hours. Arrived just on high, armed with some rag and some squid to be fished on short 2 up rigs, 8 inch snoods with size2s.

Set up the rods and out went the first. Just as I thought there was the weed, so pulled that in and put it short. Waited about 30 mins, baited both rods and put them at about 70yds. Weed had eased enough now and started getting bites straight from the off.

Had 12 Bream in total, all just in size with a few going about 35cm. No double shots today but was kept busy! Kept 7 for eating.

Also had a little Gurnard and the little one reeled in a small schoolie on her 7ft spin rod, that had a baited 3 hook shrimp rig on. Enjoyable short session!

Oh, saw 3 large Macky shoals around high, the birds going crazy etc… but way way way beyond casting distance.
6FAA2E93-D6F0-4F7A-9BBF-31ADED9220A2.jpeg

1A1DF8F0-4AA8-4670-91F0-465987623EF2.jpeg
CF42E2F3-B3E6-413C-B689-EE48BC6C96C0.jpeg
5049C3A5-1178-4DE1-8AE8-29F24669EEB5.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice colourful session

Tidy session there for you, nice one and some good eating.
Reading your post reminded me about the bank n what it takes to work - I’ve fished it a lot and the castle marks a lot too mostly through summer, but stopped a good few years back due to family n work. Let’s fish the castle together next year early season ?
Hope you enjoyed the Bream!

Jealous as hell over those bream!!!! Welldone mate!!! Might try for some giltheads here soon but fear we may have missed them.

Nice haul mate. Had some great sessions on the bream there, but not been there for a while.

Back