• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Short Session at West Bay 3rd Feb.

cap'nhaddock

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
A shortish session at West Bay to take advantage of a bit of calm weather. Fishing a rising tide with fairly murky water.

Plenty of fish to small baits and hooks, Shannies in abundance, a couple of Five Bearded Rockling, plenty of Pollack, Pout and Whiting and a Flounder, my two targets for the evening turned up, a Coalfish No.22 and a couple of Shore Rockling No. 23

coalfish.jpg

@Sealark turned up in his quest for some mini species, when I left he was busy catching five bearded rockling, good to see you.

I took some squid gear but didn't bother, it was too busy for float fishing and the water wasn't as clear as squid like, I'd put a small whiting that was gut hooked aside to use as squid bait but that was scoffed by an out of control spaniel, I hope he chucks it up in the car on the way home.

It would be good for dog owners to realise that if I wanted a bloody dog sniffing around by fishing stuff and pissing on my tackle box or whatever I'd get my own.

Well done cap'n.
I will be trying for my 5BR tomorrow night.
Any tips?

Well done cap'n.
I will be trying for my 5BR tomorrow night.
Any tips?

None straight down near the wall, they were out on the open ground.

Back