• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

West Wales Should have been here yesterday

glandyman

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Had the ultimate one of those yesterday out of Saundersfoot. When we boarded at 7am the skipper told us that they had well over 100 bass the day before, which was backed up by a regular who rebooked from the previous day after having great sport.

I bet he wished he hadn't bothered because we had 25 joeys and two just legal bass between the 10 of us.

Steamed out to an reef outside Caldey Island at first light but with wind against tide the swells and the big tide made it a bit uncomfortable and non productive. Scratching around all day and looking for feeding birds but nothing doing apart from the odd isolated gannet. Due to go back in at 3.30pm but we saw some nasty weather heading our way and ran to the harbour by 2.45pm by which time it was like a summer's day.

My legs are aching like fook after bracing against the swell , thank God it was a biggish cat .

Never mind , crap trips make you appreciate the good ones more.

Unlucky Clive Still some good Bass around I Fished Aberavon Wednesday they was couple guys Float Fishing big Strips of Mackerel seen 2 Bass hooked one was 6.12lb other around 3lb

Had the ultimate one of those yesterday out of Saundersfoot. When we boarded at 7am the skipper told us that they had well over 100 bass the day before, which was backed up by a regular who rebooked from the previous day after having great sport.

I bet he wished he hadn't bothered because we had 25 joeys and two just legal bass between the 10 of us.

Steamed out to an reef outside Caldey Island at first light but with wind against tide the swells and the big tide made it a bit uncomfortable and non productive. Scratching around all day and looking for feeding birds but nothing doing apart from the odd isolated gannet. Due to go back in at 3.30pm but we saw some nasty weather heading our way and ran to the harbour by 2.45pm by which time it was like a summer's day.

My legs are aching like fook after bracing against the swell , thank God it was a biggish cat .

Never mind , crap trips make you appreciate the good ones more.
Most skippers say "you should of been here yesterday" bulshit comes to mind.

Most skippers say "you should of been here yesterday" bulshit comes to mind.

Some times but I know this skipper well , he tells it how it is and works his conkers off to find fish.

Plus a guy from the previous day confirmed it and actually rebooked on "my" trip because of the fabulous day's sport he had.

Back