• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Silver bullet

Action Man

Reaction score
Evening all,

So with reports of thick seaweed ransacking the north Kent Coast of recent days, I knew my days were numbered before our little stretch of paradise become a jungle.

I had earmarked Monday nights tide in the diary for a few weeks now. Although a little too late for a school night (midnight high water), I knew this would probably the last blast before the sea salad claims it’s victims. So I arrived at my venue at about 9:15 with the tide on the horizon and rapidly approaching. With recent wind we had good colour in the water, and the building tide was of a good size for this venue - not too big, not too small.

I well and truly had bass in my sights, but I was a little bit sulky as I couldn’t get any lugworm - a proven hot shot at this venue. Instead I had to settle for 1/2lb of farmed rag worm. Hey ho nothing I could do about that anyway.
Soon enough the water was in and both rods were fired out loaded with rag. It took all of a few minutes for the tell tale signs of micro-bass head-butting the baits. A few rattles later and one rod slammed over and sure enough a nice 38cm bass was on the sand before being duly returned.

897BC711-1055-4632-A731-F00040A9DE29.jpeg

For the next hour is was bite after bite after bite. Some I landed, but plenty missed. It’s always the way at this venue and I’ve learnt only to strike into a bass when you are 100% sure they or on - otherwise you end up spending the night constantly reeling in. I had 3 more bass under my belt (mostly small), and while baiting one rod up I noticed the other line had gone slack, so much so it was practically laying on the ground. I quickly reeled in the slack and felt immediate weight - fish on! A great fight followed as I could see my bright white continental weight being dragged about on the surface at the top of my pulley trace. After a great tussle the shiny silver bullet was on the beach - coming in at 50cm but very hench this number was destined for the dinner plate. I was very happy indeed.

BE360D7B-0A9E-48A9-AEDC-4D7DE1F1521F.jpeg
8D75CC95-F0C8-4184-A82E-14D5D99486B4.jpeg

After that I managed 2 more bass and 1 doggie. High tide came and went and I packed up just after midnight as I had an early start today.

Very happy with 7 bass and 1 doggie in just over 2 hours fishing. Given the amount of bites I missed it would have been a crazy session if I landed just a handful of them! I’d also like to report I only had a tiny bit of weed to deal with - hurrah!

Until next time

Alan

Good catch report mate, very well done. We’ve got stacks of weed around the East Sussex coast at the moment!

cracking little session and no weed bonus !!

Well in bud, cracking session topped of with a lovely fish

Back