• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Silver scraps

Action Man

Reaction score
Evening all,

So last night I managed to get out fishing for the first time in December. After my last session in late November I finally gave in and took my rods in to Ron Edwards in Herne Bay for a bit of first-aid treatment from Roly. I picked them back up along with a score of lug worm and headed to my usual North Kent bass mark for the 10:30pm high water.

It was warm, very warm, 13 degrees or so with no wind and completely calm seas. I was expecting a whiting fest but I was really there to see if any late bass were about, along with having the second rod targeting rays with bluey.

First cast produced a basslet of about 20cm, perfect start with target achieved even if it was tiny! This happened to be my first ever bass in December, so I only have January to conquer next (more on that later).

58A5A255-3D53-4AEB-94E8-ABB9213F0F96.jpeg

The rest of the flood tide brought many more of the same, 7 basslets in total. This was great fun, although small fish, I’ll take these any day over a whiting! Also which made my night was that the seventh fish marked my sixtieth of the year. I’m very happy with that nice round number :)

After the fun of the flood, the ebb proved to be frustrating. I was totally bombarded with bites, both rods rattling away for the rest of the session but I could not hook any fish for love nor money. They were definitely basslet bites, but more finicky and more cautious. The rods did not stop rattling for about an hour and half until I ran out of water, just couldn’t get my head around it.

Anyway, it was a lovely warm night and making it to sixty bass with no whiting last night was great. All I need to do now is catch a bass in January, which would mean I’ve had them in every month of the year - something as a lad growing up I would have thought was impossible. Just turns out you need to put the hours in and follow the patterns and keep working at certain marks time and time again.

Until next time
Alan

Well done mate

Evening all,

So last night I managed to get out fishing for the first time in December. After my last session in late November I finally gave in and took my rods in to Ron Edwards in Herne Bay for a bit of first-aid treatment from Roly. I picked them back up along with a score of lug worm and headed to my usual North Kent bass mark for the 10:30pm high water.

It was warm, very warm, 13 degrees or so with no wind and completely calm seas. I was expecting a whiting fest but I was really there to see if any late bass were about, along with having the second rod targeting rays with bluey.

First cast produced a basslet of about 20cm, perfect start with target achieved even if it was tiny! This happened to be my first ever bass in December, so I only have January to conquer next (more on that later).

View attachment 19462

The rest of the flood tide brought many more of the same, 7 basslets in total. This was great fun, although small fish, I’ll take these any day over a whiting! Also which made my night was that the seventh fish marked my sixtieth of the year. I’m very happy with that nice round number :)

After the fun of the flood, the ebb proved to be frustrating. I was totally bombarded with bites, both rods rattling away for the rest of the session but I could not hook any fish for love nor money. They were definitely basslet bites, but more finicky and more cautious. The rods did not stop rattling for about an hour and half until I ran out of water, just couldn’t get my head around it.

Anyway, it was a lovely warm night and making it to sixty bass with no whiting last night was great. All I need to do now is catch a bass in January, which would mean I’ve had them in every month of the year - something as a lad growing up I would have thought was impossible. Just turns out you need to put the hours in and follow the patterns and keep working at certain marks time and time again.

Until next time
Alan
Nice.fishing!!!! I've.struggled in February, but I think all the seasons are messed.up!!!

Nice going I'm still targeting the bass on the lures
Any chance of a pm with your mark

Back