• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Skye Trip end of August

Neilos

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
So...as the title says I'm off to Skye for a week in big tent with the other half. We're staying on a campsite just outside Dunvegan. Have just read fiveyardcast's excellent report and am in no doubt that I'll be taking my lure rods with me.... BUT is it worth taking the beach stuff? Bait will I guess be a problem but the last time I went donkeys years ago I caught squat!
Any advice on either type of fishing on Skye....and where, would be muchly appreciated!
TIA
Neil

Stayed at Kinloch campsite a few times,try up past the castle spinning for pollack or if you don’t mind the hike go to Niest point spinning or bait with decent tackle for big flatties if you can get past the spurdogs?
Great food at The old school rooms?
Have a great time it’s a beautiful island?

Carbost on Loch Harport has a pier that you can fish from, I fished there a couple of years ago, had Ray, Codling and Mackerel, a plus is that there is the Talisker distillery there as well that does tours . You can (or could) drive almost onto the pier to fish it mobility is an issue . There is (was) a chap that took you out charters from Carbost to watch the sea eagles . Didnt go myself but it seemed very popular .

If you take the beach gear take some bait with you as I found that it was difficult to source apart from Mackies, and they were not over plentiful.

I love Skye, we are there for a fortnight next year.

Dave

So...as the title says I'm off to Skye for a week in big tent with the other half. We're staying on a campsite just outside Dunvegan. Have just read fiveyardcast's excellent report and am in no doubt that I'll be taking my lure rods with me.... BUT is it worth taking the beach stuff? Bait will I guess be a problem but the last time I went donkeys years ago I caught squat!
Any advice on either type of fishing on Skye....and where, would be muchly appreciated!
TIA
Neil
PM sent ?

Back