• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Slapton open

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
Fished this comp yestaday 130 anglers fished it perfect conditions wind off yer back good god it was slow I managed 4 whiteing all undersized only around 30 anglers weighed in my mate won it with a lovely male spotted ray and a 1 lb 6 oz whiteing so good result there if I had msged a 33 cm whiteing we whould have won the team comp aswell lots of top anglers didn’t weigh in but we did have a good laugh which is wot it’s all about I will put this out there now tho I fuckin hate slapton 🤦🏻I can not for the life of me suss her out and I can usually pretty good at that I don’t know if it’s the road to get down there (which is a mare ) or the fact I’ve never had a good sesh there but I can’t stand the plaice back to ny local beach’s from now on with a few boat trips comeing up beer with orca on Sunday then up the bc on teddie boys new Bute of a boat so hopefully some more interesting write ups to look forward too bad start of the year for me praying it kicks off from head on in 👍1A2C71C7-C27B-4616-8083-B4A1312AE2DA.jpeg677209CF-527F-4037-8C8E-28BDA4A9AA38.jpeg48F444CB-B7C5-4D20-B068-B9A5CBD59963.jpeg

Well done mate, good effort. Look forward to the next write up. (This one was shit 🤣🤣)
Its a place i’ve next fished, always wanted to, but never heard of any decent bags coming from there.

It's strange how it can change so much over the course of a couple of weeks. I assume the fish must be following the bait fish shoals of sardines etc.

Good effort dude......
all that lead hitting the water, I think you either have to be the longest caster or on the end pegs.
Fish were all caught short max80 yards and me and my mate were bang in the middle of the beach bud didn’t help there was a crab boat dropping pots 150 yards from shore 🤦🏻

Wondered how you got on mate. At least you tried!

What weight was his spotted? I know they went by measurements though but presumably they converted it?

Much like Mr R says, I just never seem to hear of any decent fish from there.
Long way for me anyway, would just do chesil if I was going to travel that far.

Had 1 decant session down there years ago . I found a mixed shoal of red mullet and black bream on a big tide in September. Otherwise its a beach that never seems to deliver for me other than dogs , tings and the odd hound . Mate had a spur down there last winter . Id rather take my chance at chesil .

Wondered how you got on mate. At least you tried!

What weight was his spotted? I know they went by measurements though but presumably they converted it?

Much like Mr R says, I just never seem to hear of any decent fish from there.
Long way for me anyway, would just do chesil if I was going to travel that far.
His ray was 4 lb 10 a but cause of the measurement convert they were useing it only come up as just over 3 lb but it was specimen just didn’t show that in results he thought cause of that he whouldnt place but the whiteing helped push him up to take first place so all good 👍

Nice report & photos Tats! At least you had a few. I've never managed to figure out why so many favour Beesands over Slapton - very similar marks, as good as next door to each other. 🎣🎣👍👍

His ray was 4 lb 10 a but cause of the measurement convert they were useing it only come up as just over 3 lb but it was specimen just didn’t show that in results he thought cause of that he whouldnt place but the whiteing helped push him up to take first place so all good 👍
Wow, that’s a poor conversion ratio but it would have been the same for everyone I guess.
At least he still got the result he deserved

Just pondering 130 leads all been sent out just as the clock ticks over to start time!
I know where your comeing from but pretty much same conditions last year and it was fish a Chuck the moment the leads hit the water so I don’t think that played a part in lack of fish more likely was we only had 1 hr of the the flood rest was the ebb think this was the main factor that and slapton shite 😂lol

well done on giving it ago Tat, fickle ole beach it can be, was any Mackerel had out as they usually end up on the score board.

Back