• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Slapton

John Mitchell

Reaction score
After hearing a report of hounds coming out of slapton I thought I would give it a go , it was a good job I took my lure rod as the mackerel kept me entertained, 2 rods on bottom for 6 hours using various baits for 2 small black bream . As soon as dusk was falling I put on the black and red seeker and as soon as it touched the water a mackerel had it , was some decent ones and some joeys so I stuck a Joey out for a hour on one rod . Came back untouched . 3DECB66D-8E2A-4BAD-912F-BAF457979117.jpegF6A6A682-8D6D-40F5-9306-E4A832BBC60B.jpeg

Good report John, nice photos, well done! Shame results weren't better from the Bait rods. ????

Also a shame I couldn't come out to play, but after near zero Kip Tuesday night, I couldn't do it. I would have been happy with the Mackerel! ??

Well done one the bream . Ive had good catches of bream and red mullet caught on shrimp at this time of year from there but unfortunately many years ago . Strange beach never fishes aswell as you'd think it should .

Back