• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Slow Slow SouthWest

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Getting impatient, whilst waiting for the waters to warm and taking advantage of the fishable weather windows down here in South Cornwall. Had a great January this year, but always gets quiet for the area I fish Feb/March, feels almost dead, but better out fishing than sitting around. The plaice haven't seemed to show any signs of arrival yet despite starting to elsewhere, nor the gilts, but did have a nice double figure eel last week to revive that bend in the rod.

IMG_1699.PNG

Anyone else been out trying but finding things haven't quite kicked off yet? Roll on the warmer waters,

Tight lines,

Getting impatient, whilst waiting for the waters to warm and taking advantage of the fishable weather windows down here in South Cornwall. Had a great January this year, but always gets quiet for the area I fish Feb/March, feels almost dead, but better out fishing than sitting around. The plaice haven't seemed to show any signs of arrival yet despite starting to elsewhere, nor the gilts, but did have a nice double figure eel last week to revive that bend in the rod.

View attachment 61297

Anyone else been out trying but finding things haven't quite kicked off yet? Roll on the warmer waters,

Tight lines,
Pleanty of fish in the Caribbean and warmer waters (24c)+

Nice eel mate. Nice report too. 🎣

Ian.

The weathers bollocks atm I’ve had a few nice fish boat an beach and seen a cracking bass but persistent wind and rain is messing it up there’s signs that the hound run has started early so that’s encouraging but with no let up in this crap weather getting out is hard work but I’m a cup half full kinda guy and firmly believe will be in for a settled period soon and that will get some decent fishing fingers crossed 🤞🏻 nice eel tho bey 👍

The weathers bollocks atm I’ve had a few nice fish boat an beach and seen a cracking bass but persistent wind and rain is messing it up there’s signs that the hound run has started early so that’s encouraging but with no let up in this crap weather getting out is hard work but I’m a cup half full kinda guy and firmly believe will be in for a settled period soon and that will get some decent fishing fingers crossed 🤞🏻 nice eel tho bey 👍

Yes mate and the rain won't be great for the estuaries either, hopefully settles in time for the crab moult (y) At least there's not too much weed about, just yet anyways...! Tight lines,

Yes mate and the rain won't be great for the estuaries either, hopefully settles in time for the crab moult (y) At least there's not too much weed about, just yet anyways...! Tight lines,
Careful of the sewerage discharge from Southern Water.

Lovely eel we had a great day at Kimingey last year best days fishing we had in a long time, There are some big eels out that way personally i think they are one of the most sporting fish to catch in our waters, Anything over 30/40lb and your in for a right beating. Well done my firend great to see someone after the eels.

Lovely eel we had a great day at Kimingey last year best days fishing we had in a long time, There are some big eels out that way personally i think they are one of the most sporting fish to catch in our waters, Anything over 30/40lb and your in for a right beating. Well done my firend great to see someone after the eels.

Cheers mate yeh they can give a great account of themselves and seem to fill that slow gap in the year to some extent. Would love to catch a few eels of that size, Tight lines,

Back