• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Small gains

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
Headed to the rough ground for a sesh last night tiny tides be perfect for Huss well as every trip either beach or boat seems to be atm it was crap few small Huss dogs and straps and nowt else this Is my banker mark and it’s not producing this year I’m putting down to one of two things either the water is still cold I know the air temps shit atm I’m ussaly shorts all night now but it was bittter last night again . Or my luck 🍀 is just not happening for me this year pleasure fishing or comp fishing I ain’t getting the breaks but I am switching it up trying different things and one of them worked last night I’ve upgraded one of my favourite rigs and to a point it paid off with a small Huss but more importantly a decent Mac my first of the year early for sure but good to see always brings a smile to face to see a hooked Mac banging the rod tip away god they go well recon the rig upgrade will be a game changer on chisel this year can’t wait for the summer species to turn up and give it a proper test . Fingers crossed for the hounds soon beys 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻B0ED5FBA-6936-42ED-A4A3-B96C80F285C5.jpeg

Headed to the rough ground for a sesh last night tiny tides be perfect for Huss well as every trip either beach or boat seems to be atm it was crap few small Huss dogs and straps and nowt else this Is my banker mark and it’s not producing this year I’m putting down to one of two things either the water is still cold I know the air temps shit atm I’m ussaly shorts all night now but it was bittter last night again . Or my luck 🍀 is just not happening for me this year pleasure fishing or comp fishing I ain’t getting the breaks but I am switching it up trying different things and one of them worked last night I’ve upgraded one of my favourite rigs and to a point it paid off with a small Huss but more importantly a decent Mac my first of the year early for sure but good to see always brings a smile to face to see a hooked Mac banging the rod tip away god they go well recon the rig upgrade will be a game changer on chisel this year can’t wait for the summer species to turn up and give it a proper test . Fingers crossed for the hounds soon beys 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻View attachment 43696
You did well to swerve chesil...... it was my worst outing for 15 years..... time to head East for a month or so, Solent here I come!

You did well to swerve chesil...... it was my worst outing for 15 years..... time to head East for a month or so, Solent here I come!
My last sesh up bexington last month has put me right off the place bud I’ll be back around June time arfter the hounds an bass we really need a sesh together some point pete ussaly a few fish pulled out when we do I’m going arfter flat spottie things for the next few weeks should be fattening up nicely now bey 👍👍👌👌

one of my mates fished all last night at bexi with crab for not even a bite....... 😨
Its absolutely sterile down there, its even a bit worrying that its so bad at dark the pest fish showed up but some nice rays showing elsewhere and smuts starting to show so best heading East to the Solent for next six weeks....

My last sesh up bexington last month has put me right off the place bud I’ll be back around June time arfter the hounds an bass we really need a sesh together some point pete ussaly a few fish pulled out when we do I’m going arfter flat spottie things for the next few weeks should be fattening up nicely now bey 👍👍👌👌
The only species I have really nailed this year is plaice but very interested to hear if you find some on your mark.
Let's have a bass n smut bash on a june spring tide...... be lucky mucker x

Its absolutely sterile down there, its even a bit worrying that its so bad at dark the pest fish showed up but some nice rays showing elsewhere and smuts starting to show so best heading East to the Solent for next six weeks....
I know that the netter was spread from bexi to cogdon about 300 yards out these past few weeks, but now the spiders have arrived, may have moved off so things could pick up again.

Nice report & photos Tats! Glad to see that Mackerel - Burt seems to be eyeing it up closely! 😁😁 🎣🎣👍👍

I know that the netter was spread from bexi to cogdon about 300 yards out these past few weeks, but now the spiders have arrived, may have moved off so things could pick up again.

Wont pick up till June I recon mate same every year altho the plaice fishings been healthy and rays up east have been good it won’t start kicking off till June hopeing the bass show up more this year and be interesting to see if the codling hang around all year like one just gone but the arrival of the bream is wot gets me excited love species bashing chisel in summer my favourite fishing 😍😍

Nice one tats, good read, better than sea angler mag. 🤣

Ian.

Hopefully there start getting a bit more interesting going forward I’m sorry I don’t catch 8 mackreal fall in the sea then crash my mop head like tow rag use too I must try harder 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
It was the Scooter and the Police stories that really used to crack me up! 😂😂😂

Back