• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

So close ☹️

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Well I've been at it again. Work this morning was crap trees bent sideways with the wind and pissing down till 11.30 am.
I checked the forecast for tonight and the wind dropped to a light westerly, the tide was low water at 22.35 couldn't resist even though it's a school night.
My Destination tonight parton beach at Hartlepool, I fished this beach a few times in the winter and had cod up to 6 lb and a few bass around 2-4 lb using bait. I got to the beach about 9pm. Looked perfect for bass so I thought being new to this game. It was a nice easy walk to the sea.IMG20230717210043.jpgIMG20230717214400.jpgIMG20230717214408.jpgStarted off using weedless soft plastics nothing coming back apart from being covered in weed 🤬. Then tried seekers and paddle tails still nothing moving along the beach casting in all directions coming back covered in weed 🤬. So on with the patchinky lures. About 22.15 wallop big splash rod bent double I shit myself not literally 🤣. I lifted into the fish, FISH ON WAHOO played it all the way right to my feet it was a schoolie about 1 1/2 lb in the surf it thrashed like feck and came off 😲. To say I was gutted is an understatement ☹️. Kept at it till 11pm then headed home gutted but pleased to have my first ever hook up with a lure. Weather looks crap for the next week or so unless there's a break I'll be out again. I will get a pic of one soon👍. Off to bed now early start again.

Attachments

• IMG20230717210048.jpg
    IMG20230717210048.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 2
Well done Stevie. Nice report. Keep trying - you'll land the next one. 🎣🎣👍👍

Great report again mate, shame you had it at your feet, and it freed itself. Your getting so close, it will happen very soon i believe. Dont get disheartened. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Nice report and pics mate.Is that Steetley Pier in the pic.That brings back memories with my recently passed mate and fishing buddy.
yep that's the Steetly Pier and whata Pier it was. I started fishing on there in 1995 when I left the army with my then brother in law had some cracking fish off there and sessions. When the whole of the north east coast was unfishable you could still fish the Steetly. The security guards were a pain in the arse till they got fed up chucking me off it.

Great write up & piccys,pity about the bass.Are them weedless lures any good ? ,im thinking of getting some
I'm finding them ok so far I'm not getting weed on the hook it's always on the snap swivel. But then again I'm only fishing shallow water I suppose they would work better in deeper water as they can be raised up off the bottom instead of dragging them across the seabed. I'm still trying to get the hang of them👍.

Back