• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Soft plastics from the prom.

Seaside Malc

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I had decided to go fishing for once and due to my mobility problems I wasn’t going to go far.
Out on the mobility scooter and had a look along round to the next bay. Decided to go back and fish over the rocks that you can see in some of my pictures just on the corner of West Bay (Westgate).
I took only my box of savage gear gravity sticks and started with a white pulse tail for a while before changing to a khaki pin tail as they can be made to dart around rather well.
The water is very clear at the moment, maybe I shouldn’t say that in case southern water decide to make it brown. The wind was south westerly about 15mph and the temperature 26c. Fished from about 10 until 11:30 which was the most I could manage for lure fishing. One knock and I watched one chasing the lure quite close in but nothing else before I packed up. Plenty of nice women out dog shitting who all said hello so it wasn’t a total loss.
Packed up and a speedy 4mph drive along the prom and home for lunch.
St Mildred’s Bay.
ECF1E00A-D504-4F25-8E6A-3304539DB589.jpeg
West Bay
2B8E7E29-0D8B-4D69-930D-92065EB82161.jpeg
3974BDCA-C6EE-4549-A365-1F4FB955A970.jpeg

1FD4E039-F164-4577-B9F6-5199E41FBCBD.jpeg

WOW you live close to the sea , I would be down there fishing whenever possible
I don't go as often as I should. In the old days I would have just wandered down there but now it's get the mobility scooter out and go on that. The weather can also affect my breathing so I do pick and choose when I do go. I've got to go to Ramsgate tomorrow and if I get up early enough I might pop down the western undercliff depending on the weather and sea conditions..

Just looking out of my door and this is what it looks like right now when the water has gone away.
View attachment 31276

I might pop down to the café for afternoon tea and get a close up of what I was fishing over, 4:41pm low water today.
That was taken with the phone camera, I took a picture from the lounge with my better camera and then went back down to take a few more.
Second picture is looking west from the point and the other one is St Mildred's Bay low water taken from just round the corner of the point.point zoom.JPGpoint actual.JPGst mild low.JPG

you said plenty of nice women out with dogs so What do dogs sh1t and woman have in common?

The older they get the easier they are to pick up.

Lots of women take their dogs along the prom as they don't allow dogs on the beach after 10am in the summer. I refer to them as dog shitters as that's all they seem to do in life, walk around with bags of dog poop. They also don't seem to have any idea about keeping the dog away from people sitting at cafe tables outside when little fifi trixibell leaves a steaming one next to the couple who have just had their lunch put on the table :sick:

Good to see you get out Malc, looked a lovely day for it!
It was nice to get down there . I know it's only about 350 yards away but it's out out. There was another guy who was fishing about 50 yards further along for me so I had a chat with him when he was leaving. He got a telescopic rod and reel kit for a fathers day present and loves going down there for an hour every now and then.

Thought this was a follow up to your date you mentioned the other day when I saw the title haha .

Well done on giving it a go I reckon you will get amongst a couple there is some good features along that bit. Was down there the other day rock pooling with daughter . Netted little gobies and sand smelt .

10/10 for getting out for a Dangle Malc. Shame the Fish weren't jumping onto your SG lures. Some great photos too. ????

Looks like a good venue for those of us not so mobile - I'd love to have a Dangle or two there, and a chat with you. Chisel is way too far for me these days, never mind drive to your patch of the East coast!

Back