• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Sole destroying

Lol, I’m not sure laying your bait next to a beached fish or trying to chin it really constitutes angling! ???

I did see a couple of fish working the margins about a foot out and their backs were out of the water.
I assumed mullet but may have been bass. They weren’t huge, 2-3lb maybe.
He thought the same then walking out to cast saw they were bass and when he saw how big one was I'm guessing the bait went in its flight path! ?

I think the chinning was out of frustration tbh, or just to see if he could!... as he puts all big bass back, along with 99% of the rest he catches! ?????

He thought the same then walking out to cast saw they were bass and when he saw how big one was I'm guessing the bait went in its flight path! ?

I think the chinning was out of frustration tbh, or just to see if he could!... as he puts all big bass back, along with 99% of the rest he catches! ?????
Meh, if they’re going back they can bloody stay there lol.
Nah, I don’t keep bass much over 4lb unless they’re fecked.

Tbh the ones I saw were literally a foot out, but they were making their way up in front of the next guy so wasn’t much I could do about them.

Hi I've also seen the big bass in inches of water before at B-O-S......yes on one occasion (and this was a doubler) I considered grappling it ashore (sorry sport anglers:mad:) however it was amongst mullet fry in the shallows but as I approached the mullet fry scattered...along with the target fish:cry:
Hmmmm
Musky

Back