• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Some more bass from the coast

John Mitchell

Reaction score
After a change of plan from going east devon , we went to our local coast , .
we was my nephew Ben and I ,
he is progressing nicely now I more or less left him to it all evening.
we got to our chosen mark about 6pm it was a lovely evening, we tried all sorts of lures and did not see a single fish so about 7pm I said come on Ben a quick change of venue so after about 30minutes of up hill and down dale we got to our second mark I put him on the chosen spot and said you will get a pollock or wrasse , I had been messaging bananas in the mean time and said our first fish would come at 8pm and bang on time 7.58 I had a bass on a seaker .
CE7CE3DB-D94A-478A-92BB-8DC2944D08DB.jpeg
then about 8.30 a quick hop along the coast another half a mile to mark 3 , first cast on the seaker another bass for me
8E3F66F6-F1CF-4AEA-9CFD-2CF8AC2CA34A.jpeg
then Ben got a hit the biggest of the night 30cm about a pound , this is Ben from earlier
029F7E9E-79BB-4789-99FB-F9EEA1F2CA47.jpeg
then i had 2 more on a big patch at distance when a little shoal of bass appeared hitting bait fish .
so we ended up 4 for me and the biggest one for ben . I know the fish are small but it’s a start from this coast .

After a change of plan from going east devon , we went to our local coast , .
we was my nephew Ben and I ,
he is progressing nicely now I more or less left him to it all evening.
we got to our chosen mark about 6pm it was a lovely evening, we tried all sorts of lures and did not see a single fish so about 7pm I said come on Ben a quick change of venue so after about 30minutes of up hill and down dale we got to our second mark I put him on the chosen spot and said you will get a pollock or wrasse , I had been messaging bananas in the mean time and said our first fish would come at 8pm and bang on time 7.58 I had a bass on a seaker .
View attachment 11109
then about 8.30 a quick hop along the coast another half a mile to mark 3 , first cast on the seaker another bass for me
View attachment 11110
then Ben got a hit the biggest of the night 30cm about a pound , this is Ben from earlier
View attachment 11111
then i had 2 more on a big patch at distance when a little shoal of bass appeared hitting bait fish .
so we ended up 4 for me and the biggest one for ben . I know the fish are small but it’s a start from this coast .
Brilliant report! Welldone both of you! From little acorns giant oak trees grow.

Back