• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Soooo slow out there☹️

Si-fly

Reaction score
Hi all, is it just me, or has it gone very quiet?
I've had a few fish but nothing special, dropped a nice eel, and had a couple high singles and a few rays and small bass, but only a couple of fish a trip, and some blanks 😭

Highlight though was this beauty for my species hunt 😍PXL_20230902_211834663~3.jpg
Hopefully once this heatwave passes, and I'm back from a trip....things will improve. 👍

Fished the channel on Saturday was hard work ended up with 2 small eyed and a spottie all in the last hour of the ebb. Fair few fishing but only other thing a saw was a small strap come out. Mind that tide was travelling on this set of big tides.

Nice report mate. Things are slow at the moment, and here the bloody weed is a nightmare. At least your giving it a go. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Hope so Joe I'm Hopeful there still be few Mackerel around for Tea . Be Targeting Plaice Sole if conditions Dictate.

Nice one Si, keep it up mate... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Another struggle, found just 1 target on a trip down Cornwall to collect the lad and Mrs after a lands end cycle🤷

Gar for my hunt , and a number of other minis 😁View attachment 50914View attachment 50915View attachment 50916View attachment 50917View attachment 50918View attachment 50919View attachment 50920
Another struggle, found just 1 target on a trip down Cornwall to collect the lad and Mrs after a lands end cycle🤷

Gar for my hunt , and a number of other minis 😁View attachment 50914View attachment 50915View attachment 50916View attachment 50917View attachment 50918View attachment 50919View attachment 50920
Call that a gar more like a dart bey 😂😂here’s a proper gar won me £80 in Seaton carnival comp aswell 😁😁😁IMG_2854.jpeg

Well done Si - another batch of nice fish & great photos. 🎣🎣👍👍

Lovely Gar Tats. Nice one... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Call that a gar more like a dart bey 😂😂here’s a proper gar won me £80 in Seaton carnival comp aswell 😁😁😁View attachment 50943
Just like 1 I lost as mate knocked it off with the net 🙈.😢....ok maybe not quite as big 🤔...that's a monster mate well done indeed 👍

There was one out at 68cm on Friday in the LRF comp....any idea how long yours was for comparison bud?

Seems very Quiet around Solent venues atm but, over on Isle of Wight they seem to be doing very well for Bass/Bream/Rays judging by reports on various sites.

My brother was watching tuna chasing gars n macks right close in penberth cove yesterday

Just like 1 I lost as mate knocked it off with the net 🙈.😢....ok maybe not quite as big 🤔...that's a monster mate well done indeed 👍

There was one out at 68cm on Friday in the LRF comp....any idea how long yours was for comparison bud?
Dunno 🤷🏻‍♂️ it’s in the bait freezer I’ll mesure it was 1 lb 5 oz 👍

Back