• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Milton sands AKA Thurlestone sands.

Trampster

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Bit of a heads up for the Devon crew! I had a long chat to my mate that used to have a boat & lived at Bantham last night, and we were talking about Thurlestone or South Milton sands where I went fishing with John last year.

The multi-millionaire who bought the whole of Bantham village has now bought the Hotel building where we parked. I'll put a Google maps screenshot below. They're monitoring the car park, it's over £5 to park there now, and no night parking or fishing. If you're ever thinking of going there, best to go in from the other end and park in the NT car park. The area to avoid is Thurlestone car park at the top of the screenshot.

1663152597351.png

1663152963602.png

Last edited:
Great advice!

I did a lot more Googling & digging, and I got it slightly wrong - he hasn't bought the building (all private apartments) but he does now somehow own the car park.

John said to me last year "have you paid for parking?" I didn't see the sign which said you had to pay £2, and didn't see anywhere to pay either. Had a look at Google street view this mmorning and it's 6 years out of date.

Back