• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast spots on the shingle.....

What rods 😀
Hes got a pair of Italcanna LAs I found them very reasonable in taffy land last week.
Gary there is a theme here we all have them in fact we have ten between us now.
I know you like to do your "thing" and I know you have tried a shit tonne of rods but....... of all the rods we have had through our hands over the last five years there is only one rod thats been kept....
Fair enough we all have a lighter set and a heavier set as well but what do we think is the best rod..... its the LA end of.

Reckon its going to peak in a couple more weeks, have you got a weekend day available, if you have then lets go n get a few.
Im sure i can sort something out . Let me know when with enough notice to sort bait and I'll be there if i can . Any keepers in amongst them ?

That's a better day than I had, was there on Saturday. Missed quite a few bites, but refused to drop hook sizes but managed 6 between 29 and 33cm. They only seemed to want rag for some reason, couldn't buy a bite on lug.

I swapped it for my vibrating glow in the dark cock ring.....
Them new sticks will work well for you Ray man.
How many bejazzled rigs would you swap for this one Pete? Asking for Mr Fish.

Alien sex probe.jpg

Great report & photos as always by the way. Well done Cap'n Pete! 🎣🎣👍👍

Hes got a pair of Italcanna LAs I found them very reasonable in taffy land last week.
Gary there is a theme here we all have them in fact we have ten between us now.
I know you like to do your "thing" and I know you have tried a shit tonne of rods but....... of all the rods we have had through our hands over the last five years there is only one rod thats been kept....
Fair enough we all have a lighter set and a heavier set as well but what do we think is the best rod..... its the LA end of.
ItalCanna Vector LA Rods I guess? Wasn't sure so had a look on eBay. Pair of unused ones for sale - private seller. Only *Cough* £900 + £49 postage. *Faints & falls over*. 😮😮

That's a better day than I had, was there on Saturday. Missed quite a few bites, but refused to drop hook sizes but managed 6 between 29 and 33cm. They only seemed to want rag for some reason, couldn't buy a bite on lug.

What size hooks were you using Squiddy? Need to make a few flatty bling rigs.

What size hooks were you using Squiddy? Need to make a few flatty bling rigs.
I was using size 1s, only because I had dug rag that were huge. I always try and match the bait size with the hook size. On this occasion I didn't use any bling, just a standard 3 hook clipped.

How many bejazzled rigs would you swap for this one Pete? Asking for Mr Fish.

View attachment 40781

Great report & photos as always by the way. Well done Cap'n Pete! 🎣🎣👍👍
Well now that looks like a proper cod attractor that will get to the root of the problem.
ItalCanna Vector LA Rods I guess? Wasn't sure so had a look on eBay. Pair of unused ones for sale - private seller. Only *Cough* £900 + £49 postage. *Faints & falls over*. 😮😮

These are the short version do not buy them they are shite..... repeat shite.....

I was using size 1s, only because I had dug rag that were huge. I always try and match the bait size with the hook size. On this occasion I didn't use any bling, just a standard 3 hook clipped.
Thanks. Haven't got out for a dangle since last year, so need to have a turn out and remind myself what hooks I've got. Aberdeens or similar I guess for Worm baits?

Well now that looks like a proper cod attractor that will get to the root of the problem.
These are the short version do not buy them they are shite..... repeat shite.....
Your advice is always appreciated but not needed in this case! I can't afford and would not pay more than £100 for a rod, and don't want another mortgage for two at £900!
I paid £57 for my new Vertix Conti rod when some stores on eBay were auctioning off stock just before Grauvell went to the wall. Bloody good rod. Wouldn't mind another matching one, and there was one on eBay, but the guy wanted £150 for it, and £30 P&P. He's listed it 7 times, no bids, and now it's vanished unsold. Bloody fortune hunters!

Your advice is always appreciated but not needed in this case! I can't afford and would not pay more than £100 for a rod, and don't want another mortgage for two at £900!
I paid £57 for my new Vertix Conti rod when some stores on eBay were auctioning off stock just before Grauvell went to the wall. Bloody good rod. Wouldn't mind another matching one, and there was one on eBay, but the guy wanted £150 for it, and £30 P&P. He's listed it 7 times, no bids, and now it's vanished unsold. Bloody fortune hunters!
Its horses for courses...... is a 500 quid rod better than a 50 quid rod? I think that it is....... the truth is anything is worth what you are willing to pay for it.
Nice sess Pedro. See you are catching all the gay fish again. You need some with teeth now 😃😃
I love the spotties mate and never get bored catching them, usually we get a bit of bycatch (or gay fish BI-catch) with a cods or something this year theres nowt else out there till it gets dark then its full of shite fish.
I guess eventually you will break out of hibernation and come down for a go....... ??

I love the spotties mate and never get bored catching them, usually we get a bit of bycatch (or gay fish BI-catch) with a cods or something this year theres nowt else out there till it gets dark then its full of shite fish.
I guess eventually you will break out of hibernation and come down for a go....... ??

I know you do…. Bloody spotty things lol.
I will be out soon mate, been trying to get a rod tube to send my rod back…. Had as much luck as Putins army lol.
Been carping alot aswel. Need to see reports of hounds/rays etc before i get excited lol.

I know you do…. Bloody spotty things lol.
I will be out soon mate, been trying to get a rod tube to send my rod back…. Had as much luck as Putins army lol.
Been carping alot aswel. Need to see reports of hounds/rays etc before i get excited lol.
You want a tube? I have some spares.
Carping what the feck is that . ....

Back