• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Still a few about!

Plaicehunter

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Catching mackerel on light float gear is so much more fun than feathering.
These four came in a couple of hours this afternoon from Plymouth's West Hoe Pier.
15 minutes' walk from home... PH

Attachments

• IMG_20210113_170810.jpg
    IMG_20210113_170810.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 8
Catching mackerel on light float gear is so much more fun than feathering.
These four came in a couple of hours this afternoon from Plymouth's West Hoe Pier.
15 minutes' walk from home... PH
any garfish playing?

Nice
would it be worth your while chopping one in half sending it back out with a nice big hook in it?
I have been fishing big baits in the Tamar but it has gone quiet recently apart from whiting. I'm sure the pier would produce a big bass eventually if you spent enough nights sitting quietly with a big fish bait such as a mackerel head and guts dropped down the side. PH

Good session Graham ?

Very envious as I have no local saltwater to dip a line in, so I'm stuck indoors for the foreseeable, so it's good to see at least a few of us are able to get out.

Whilst I think of it, I know the Offshore Outlaw boys would appreciate a report over there. ?

Good session Graham ?

Very envious as I have no local saltwater to dip a line in, so I'm stuck indoors for the foreseeable, so it's good to see at least a few of us are able to get out.

Whilst I think of it, I know the Offshore Outlaw boys would appreciate a report over there. ?
Done! PH

I am the same, to far from the sea and trout lakes etc. So indoors or rear garden when it's not raining :(
My cat goes mad for for off cuts of sea fish, not enamoured with trout though, but loves tuna.

I am the same, to far from the sea and trout lakes etc. So indoors or rear garden when it's not raining :(
My cat goes mad for for off cuts of sea fish, not enamoured with trout though, but loves tuna.
Yep, it's a killer isn't it?! 90 mins from the sea and the trout lake in our village is shut for the winter.
#cabinfever

Yep, it's a killer isn't it?! 90 mins from the sea and the trout lake in our village is shut for the winter.
#cabinfever
I am about 30mins from the sea and 40 to the trout lakes. Mind you the trout lakes are season members only, no day tickets. Seems that the trout lake owners only want hooray Henry types. :(

I am about 30mins from the sea and 40 to the trout lakes. Mind you the trout lakes are season members only, no day tickets. Seems that the trout lake owners only want hooray Henry types. :(
trout lakes always used to fish better at night! Lol

trout lakes always used to fish better at night! Lol
Ha ha, would make fly fishing interesting ? mind you I used to go sea trout (sewin) fly fishing after dark on the river Teifi in West Wales.

Back