• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East still plenty of whiting about

DEEP SEA JOHN

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
lovely conditions this morning. i decided to fish a river shot ( tyne) i fished a walkway behind a private housing estate lovely sheltered spot the tide was ebbing the main channel here is about 60ft deep at low tide. the river was tea brown with fresh water comming down. first fish a nice flounder about 1lb 8oz then every cast a good whiting all averaged 1lb 6oz taken on yellow tail lugg i ended up with 8 at the finish all safely returned
nice to see the fish still about
most areas up here are quiet this time of year
D.S.J 🦀

Last edited:
Nice little session DSJ. 🎣

Ian.

Nice one DSJ! Sounds like a good session, especially for the time of year. 🎣🎣👍👍

I can't cast that far - dam :unsure:

Whiting are a nightmare when they are little and skinny, as they are here at the moment. I would be happy with the ones you had and a flounder. Happy session that mate.

lovely conditions this morning. i decided to fish a river shot ( tyne) i fished a walkway behind a private housing estate lovely sheltered spot the tide was ebbing the main channel here is about 60ft deep at low tide. the river was tea brown with fresh water comming down. first fish a nice flounder about 1lb 6oz then every cast a good whiting all averaged 1lb 6oz taken on yellow tail lugg i ended up with 8 at the finish all safely returned
nice to see the fish still about
most areas up here are quiet this time of year
D.S.J 🦀
Crackingflounder and good sized tings bey well done 👍

Back