• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Storing rods

Nickcook77

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
I have just finished assembling a pre - fab garage - mainly obtained for fishing gear - me and my boys have a fair bit.
Course, Boat, Beach

Rods in and out of bags take so much space up and I wondering whether to put some shelf brackets on the walls to hold the rods in or out of bags. I know you can buy rod specific brackets but they are for individual rods and we have worn rods In tubes plus 3 rod Bags.

What do others do?

I have just finished assembling a pre - fab garage - mainly obtained for fishing gear - me and my boys have a fair bit.
Course, Boat, Beach

Rods in and out of bags take so much space up and I wondering whether to put some shelf brackets on the walls to hold the rods in or out of bags. I know you can buy rod specific brackets but they are for individual rods and we have worn rods In tubes plus 3 rod Bags.

What do others do?

No garage here Nick so everything has to go indoors. Have got a garden shed but I don't like the idea of putting fishing gear out there.
I guess I've got about 20 - 25 rods in total - 2 rod holdalls/quivers, so the rarely used rods go in the old one, and the 4 most used in the one I usually take out with me. They were in an alcove in the lounge, but Wifey banished them to another alcove in the bedroom at Christmas,.

Most of my rods are in their original bags, but for any you have that are not, there's an article here on building your own wooden one.
Plenty of ideas on Google & Youtube too.

The ones I rarely use(which is the majority,approximately 50)are on top of 2 wardrobes in their bags.The remainder stand upright in their bags or loose up the side of the wardrobes,hidden by curtains.There are probably 25 there maybe more.

I don't use the bags for mine, but I do use those twist wrap things to keep a butt and tip together, then just stand all the rods in the corner of the garage.

In shed i use gutter brackets to keep them in, even with the reels left on them easy to get out when needed.
2 fly rods in a plastic tube.
I do have a couple stored in caravan in cupboard where boiler is as they are standing up, one is

I keep nearly all of mine in 2 Quivers in their rod bags. Shakespeare Agility quiver is the one I usually take with me, so that has the most often used sea rods in it, and other less used rods are in an old quiver that I've had for near 50 years. Both stand up in an alcove in the spare room.

I use the cardboard tubes that carpets are rolled around. Talk to a carpet fitter - they can’t wait to give them away. Cut them down to three or four foot and wrap some gaffer tape around to hold them together. Couple of rods fit in each one. Nice and cheap.

I’ve got those large screw in plastic powder coated angle brackets in the shed, work well for rod racks.

Unfortunately now there’s far too many rods for the racks 🙄

In shed i use gutter brackets to keep them in, even with the reels left on them easy to get out when needed.
2 fly rods in a plastic tube.
I do have a couple stored in caravan in cupboard where boiler is as they are standing up, one is
Guttering brackets….. why didn’t I think of that

All stood in the corner of a spare bedroom at the moment.
They were hanging from the rafters in the garage,
get some 20mm metal tube cut to required length, thread rope through & tie each end to the rafters so it's like a trapeze, two of these 6' apart, the rods are up high out of the way yet easy to reach up for the rod's you want.

I have got a man garage now (prefab one someone was Giving away and I put up ) I have used big metal shelf brackets and have screwed a 2 foot but of baton on each one to extend the length. I will have 5 of these spread out on each wall.
1 wall for boat
1 wall for fresh water
1 for beach and rock

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back