• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Wales Swansea bay

nearly70ty

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Hi gents
I fished the steps in front of county hall from 5.30 to 10.0 pm. It was an overcast day but thankfully no rain. The sea was Bristol Channel brown with a one foot wave and high water at 8.20 pm. I was fishing for a few R's and hoping for an early codling. The bait was freshly dug Swansea bay lug fished on two hook flappers two up and one up one down, both sporting size two hooks. The wind was WNW around 8 mph dropping off to nothing so good conditions for a few R's
Well I'm not going to bore you with a blow by blow account of what happened but it was my first four cast four dogfish. Things did slow down around high water and the back tide but still they came sometime two at a time. My final tally was 19, plus a decent flounder, with a fine pair of shoulders around a pound and a bit. My friend 50 meters away faired a little bit better with a few different species, a slip sole, an equally small plaice and bass and quite a few dogs.

On wards and upwards gents lets hope the codling turn up in numbers for a change

Back