• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Tackle carrier

Minstrelblue

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Bought one of these. Missus wants it mainly for our older dog who gets knackered on long walks , but it's also a bloody good tackle carrier, especially on stones as the wide wheels help a lot and don't dig in. They use them for festivals but are a good tackle trolley too. I know last time I trudged down a long shingle beach carrying rods, rest, a chair and big tackle bag and flask etc I was thinking what an arse-ache lumping all this stuff is . So next time I go I'm pulling it and not carrying it all. Got it off Amazon. Folds up too.Screenshot_20230706-203220.png

Overkill for bass fishing when all you need is a few rigs and leads and a bitof bait or a handful of lures. Useless for gettig to most of my bass marks as well, you'd have to carry it. Good idea for your dog though
I’ve seen people hauling away on chesil with these various trollies and tbh I think it’s probably easier to just carry what you need on your back without all the puffing and pushing.
I realise people have mobility/health issues but the trolley route looks like harder work to me!

Also, I know the preference on south coast shingle is for beach buddies and base camps with all the gear but imo it’s hardly vital for a fishing session, unless you plan to stay 24 hours.
Which doesn’t apply to Minstrel’s fishing but just my observations 🤷🏻‍♂️

I learned years ago that less is more - it allows me to be more mobile whilst fishing and reach those further/better marks in good shape! Kitchen sink campers will not doubt enjoy their approach but for me there's no need for more than 3 weights and rigs per rod used

See a few people on chesil pulling a sledge, a bit like an arctic explorer, but they always have a grimace on their face and dripping sweat! Looks agony to me
I carried one heave battery off my boat about a quarter of a mile back to the car once, 😰 and then saw a bloke carry something across same place on a golf trolly :LOL::LOL:

See a few people on chesil pulling a sledge, a bit like an arctic explorer, but they always have a grimace on their face and dripping sweat! Looks agony to me
That’s the thing for me, doesn’t always equate with easier! Plus they’ve got to get it back up the shingle bank when they go home!

Tbh I’d be leaving the tent and five gallon water drum, barbecue, bacon and sausages at home and aiming for a more mobile approach.
If they want to fish it two nights, rent a bloody caravan lol.

I stumbled across some US youtubers who have really gone to town on their fishing station 'surf carts' with things like electric drive, tow hitch mounting, live bait wells, led lighting, rod holders, parasols, coolboxes, even stereos - all sorts built in! If you've got to haul a ton of kit for miles or you have limited mobility then they'd be worth looking into. Shingle I'd imagine is an issue with anything without lots of wheels or rubbber tracks but no doubt it be long before someone makes a drone/hover version😳

I stumbled across some US youtubers who have really gone to town on their fishing station 'surf carts' with things like electric drive, tow hitch mounting, live bait wells, led lighting, rod holders, parasols, coolboxes, even stereos - all sorts built in! If you've got to haul a ton of kit for miles or you have limited mobility then they'd be worth looking into. Shingle I'd imagine is an issue with anything without lots of wheels or rubbber tracks but no doubt it be long before someone makes a drone/hover version😳
One of those Ziesel tracked chairs would be my choice of transport for sand & shingle, with a trailer.
Get loads of fishing gear in there, it would make Chesil a breeze!
They aren't cheap though and you'd have to use the trailer to tow it to the beach.

2c5934a0337d3b741216f9070520135f.jpg

Back