• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Highlands Tarbet Ness

Redneck Dek

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Back to my favourite (local) mark which is one of my happy places?
Boss women set off from the village walking up the coastal path whilst I drove up to await them.
Arrived just after 11:30 two hours down to the hole!
Trusty flattie rod and ninja with a spool of mono on with a basic float rig 2/0 Aberdeen baited with last nights dug single lugworm.
The first hour was hard work with the swell and missing many bites being hard to spot the float?
The top of the rock 25 yards out was becoming visible so casting past it and reeling in to put the dangly worm in the back corner as the tide settled down and persevered.
As if by magic the float did a classic diagonal slide under water so I struck into it and bang!Fish on?
Bit of a fight!but got it back to the rock edge and out the water?Yes!!!?
Wrasse,the target for today?
A good thick fish maybe 1 1/2 lb?bonny red colour and handsome?53100BFB-DCC4-4A65-B73A-B019AEE9E0A8.jpegthen for the next hour it was 50/50 catch rate to missing them and landing!they can suck a worm off the hook tha knows?
Many fish ranging from 1/2 lb to probably 3 1/2 lb scrappers?
Heavy shower so the phone went in a placcy bag so just a few pics and no time to be taking photos in full man vs fish time?
Cracking couple of hours ?then went to collect the boss women from Rockfield.
Well chuffedC5CA2D47-A4A3-4B37-9FA5-4219E51C2608.jpeg????????AB8ADF11-785C-44C9-8B92-FEAF700445C7.jpeg1E854D44-46AB-4F6B-9F06-90EE69A3D6CA.jpeg7C1934AD-DD32-4434-A7A3-5AB75CD5A18D.jpeg

Last edited:
Nicely done mate. ?
Bad news is they taste shiite in a pie. ?
Cook them wrong and they are like cotton wool!?best I’ve had them are a few deep slashes and generously covered in a masala then done over charcoal!????
Today was catch and release?

Last edited:
Nice report & photos Dek! Well done! I don't normally venture into the catch reports outside of England, but made an exception for thee! (y)(y)

Back