• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Terminal tackle

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Who is the cheapest online for terminal tackle. It don't take long to spend 30 or 40 quid inline. Sure there was a site some years ago that where cheap but tended to do bulk bags of stuff. I favour veals as they give a great service ut wondering if there is a cheap place

As mentioned in Ever Optomistic's " praise where deserved" thread, Kevin at Wicked Rigs is good for hooks, beads, and quite a few good bits.

I also use Trident tackle for some bits - their prices are excellent.

Beware cheap tat though! Beads and sequins etc I bought in bulk from my local sewing shop - more than enough for a lifetime and far cheaper than any tackle shop. Hooks, line and swivels etc I only buy top quality brands and usually from Breakaway - call them and negotiate a bulk deal;)

Beware cheap tat though! Beads and sequins etc I bought in bulk from my local sewing shop - more than enough for a lifetime and far cheaper than any tackle shop. Hooks, line and swivels etc I only buy top quality brands and usually from Breakaway - call them and negotiate a bulk deal;)
Norman at Breakaway Tackle is great too. I was in our local branch of The Range recently, and picked up a couple of packs of sequins for flatty rigs!

Used to pick up decent Coarse Fishing Tackle at The Range for reasonable prices.Especially Boilies and Particles.
They used to do quite a bit of tackle, gear & reels suitable for light sea use too, but I went to our local one a few years ago, (3 stores here, it's where the Range started!) and no tackle, so an assistant told me to go to their bigger store, but I rang them and was told they had stopped doing tackle completely. Most of the gear on their website was marked out of stock too.

More recently, they have opened a massive new 2 storey store & HQ here, and they've got quite a 'range' (!) of tackle, but as you said, most of it is aimed at Coarse fishing. I did pick up some artificial Ragwurmz (!) that someone had recommended!

Nearly forgot, I took a photo when I was there!
IMG_20211130_163301.jpg

All the locals moan about Chris Dawson (owner of the Range) being so rich but it's only jealousy. He started off as a small market trader and is worth billions now. I did quite a bit of work on one of his cars some years ago, and he always speaks to me. I find him a nice guy and admire what he has achieved. Sorry for rambling off the thread! ??

Last edited:
ChimpRigs on Facebook/eBay.

Does a lot of Koike stuff at decent prices - Think he just started selling 25 packs of Sakuma hooks aswell.

Is their stuff any good.Seen the hype but not sampled it yet.
Well I've found it quite good, especially the hangover clip & SRT Spring setup. You can easily have a 6ft snood on a 3 ft rig and sit a bait right on the bottom. I saw a lot of good reports so bought a pack of most of their gear. They have recently updated and changed a few bits, but I've still got enough to be going on with before buying any more!

Is their stuff any good.Seen the hype but not sampled it yet.
Some of there stuffs good ,The new pulley bead , the terma link is very good. some of the gear i dont like for various reasons but others think its ok, what you have to do is try it and form your own opinion .

Some of there stuffs good ,The new pulley bead , the terma link is very good. some of the gear i dont like for various reasons but others think its ok, what you have to do is try it and form your own opinion .
Thanks for that.Will have a ganders and see what I fancy.(y)

It might pay you to buy some bits from different shops etc, then you can see what it's like mate and then choose who to buy off ,for bigger orders

I used to get stuff from Fishtec, but that's gone now.

Got a great deal on a Penn bass rod some years ago, i think it was near Glasgow, but not Glasgow Angling.

Glasgow Angling.
Bought a pair of 31/2lb T/C Penn Pike rods from Glasgow Angling many moons ago,infact bought 4,2 were for my mate.They are a class piece of kit,still going strong.Purchased for a pittance at the time and free postage.Think that's why we bought 4.

Last edited:
It might pay you to buy some bits from different shops etc, then you can see what it's like mate and then choose who to buy off ,for bigger orders
Totally agree, that's what I did years ago.
I must admit I tried loads of gimmicky bits over the years and have stuck to a selection of a couple of different clips and a couple of different swivels that I liked and now just buy them in 100 packs, they last a fair while. Same with hooks, find what you like and use regular and buy the bigger boxes of 30/50 instead of packs of 10.
My rig box now contains 3 sizes of power swivels, the Gemini/tronix lead clips and bait clips, and some breakaway imps aswell as a selection of beads.

Back