• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Thames 2 single tides

Bass&Chips

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Having dug some rag the other day I decided to take the boat out for a single tide on Wednesday. Between myself and my crewman we managed 8 species catching Bass (only 1 keeper), Sole, Roker, Hounds, Stingray, Gurnard, Dogs & Ting.

With bait left over it was rude not to have another go yesterday. With the change in the wind to the east and gusting 17mph it was a tad bobbly out there but it didn't put the fish off the feed. Very similar catch but without the stingray and gurnard. Had another sole which was good as you can't share eating one with the wife, you need one each. A nice keeper bass about 3lb, hounds to around double figures and a big old female roker.

The rivers finally waking up and the whiting have thinned out giving your baits a chance.

Not bad for a couple of 3 hour sessions up to high tide.

Just a baby about 8lb. Lively little fella though. Should start to see some bigger one's if summer ever arrives.

Great stuff! Still waiting for my first stinger, shore or boat!!

Great report B&C! Good selection of species - well done on the Bass, and a brace of Sole for you and the Wife - sounds tasty to me! ????

Back